Competitions and Prize Draws
Bernie Marsden Where's My Guitar? Prize Draw
Closed on 27/11/19
This is the story of a young boy from a small town who dreamt of one day playing the guitar for a living - and ended up a rock n' roll legend...
To celebrate the publication of Bernie Marsden's new book, we're offering you the chance to win a beautiful brand new Alvarez AD60 acoustic guitar played and signed by Bernie Marsden, a signed and dedicated copy of his memoir Where’s My Guitar? and an afternoon privately hanging out with Bernie and a selection of his incredible vintage guitars including his iconic 1959 Gibson Les Paul aka The Beast.
A fascinating insight into the golden-age of 1970s and 80s rock and roll told through the eyes of music legend Bernie Marsden and, most notably, his role in establishing one of the world’s most famous rock bands of all time - Whitesnake. Packed with stories and encounters with the likes of Ringo Starr, Elton John, Cozy Powell, Ozzy Osborne, B.B. King and Jon Lord, Where's My Guitar? is not just a remarkable look into the highs and lows of being a true music legend, but an intimate account of the revolutionary impact rock and roll music has offered to the world.
‘Fabulous anecdotes and stories…a fascinating, affectionate and humorous account of the crazy, creative life of a great musician’ - Bob Harris
Order your copy before midnight on Wednesday 27 November to be in with the chance of winning:
- A beautiful brand new Alvarez AD60 acoustic guitar played and signed by rock and roll legend Bernie Marsden
- A signed and dedicated copy of his memoir Where’s My Guitar?
- A signed photograph
- A Bernie Marsden plectrum
- An afternoon privately hanging out with Bernie and a selection of his incredible vintage guitars including his iconic 1959 Gibson Les Paul aka The Beast
- Travel will be covered by HarperCollins UK
- Date tbc dependent on winner/Bernie’s availability. (Most likely Spring 2020)
Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to the prize draw entitled Bernie Marsden Where's My Guitar. Any qualifying customer who orders a [hardback] copy of Where's My Guitar? by Bernie Marsden (ISBN: 2928377002312/9780008356552) on Waterstones.com before midnight on 27 November 2019 whose payment is successfully processed will be automatically entered into the prize draw.
- Only one prize per entrant is allowed notwithstanding multiple or second or subsequent purchases of the book.
- The ‘Entrant’ is the person making the payment for the order, whose billing details are provided upon order completion.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over. Entrants must be residents of Great Britain and must provide a valid British address upon entry. This prize draw is not open to employees or contractors of the Promoter or the Publisher, their immediate families, nor to any other person connected with the pre-order draw.
- There will be 1 prize winner(s), who will win: A beautiful brand new Alvarez AD60 acoustic guitar played and signed by Bernie Marsden, a signed dedicated book, a signed photograph, a Bernie Marsden plectrum. ALSO an afternoon spent privately hanging out with Bernie and a selection of his incredible vintage guitar collection including his iconic 1959 Gibson Les Paul aka The Beast. Date tbc dependent on winner/Bernie’s availability but most likely Spring 2020. Travel will be covered by HarperCollins UK. Any accommodation not included. Winner can be accompanied by someone under 18 years old to visit Bernie and his guitars.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equivalent status. No cash alternative will be offered. The Prize is non-transferable.
- Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted. The decision of the Promoter on all matters is final.
- A random draw of all valid entries will take place within six working days after the closing date above to select the winner. The winner will be notified by telephone or email, and MUST respond by midnight within seven days of the date of contact. If a selected winner does not meet all of the entry conditions or refuses the prize, another entrant will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries within a reasonable time frame.
- In exceptional circumstances the Promoter may be required to terminate, amend or withdraw this promotion and/or these terms and conditions.
- Entry to the prize draw is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions, which are governed exclusively by English Law and under the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. By entering this prize draw you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
- The Promoters will either publish or make each winner’s surname and county available on request to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org (please state the name of the prize draw in the subject heading, such request to be received within 10 weeks of the prize draw closing date). If an Entrant does not want his/her surname and county to be published or made available in this way, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Promoter(s): Waterstones Booksellers Limited (“Waterstones”) (company number: 00610095) whose registered office address is at 203-206 Piccadilly, London, W1J 9HD on behalf of itself and HarperCollins UK (company number: 23089) whose registered office address is at whose registered office address is at Westerhill Road, Bishopbriggs, Glasgow, G64 2QT.
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?