Welcome to our help page for the iRiver Cover Story eReader
For information on how to set up your eReader and install the appropriate software please see our eReader support page. If the issue you are having is not covered on one of these pages, then please contact our eReader technical support team on 0845 217 7993 (UK), 0818 286797 (Ireland) (Monday-Friday: 9am-6pm, except for bank holidays) or by email at email@example.com.
Please note: Due to territorial copyright restrictions, we are unable to sell eBooks outside the UK and Ireland. For further information, please read our eBook Territorial Restrictions help page. Also, from 29th October 2010 we will no longer award Waterstones Card points on eBook purchases. Cardholders can still use their Waterstones Card points to buy eBooks.
Step 1 - Register with Adobe
To be able to purchase and download eBooks to your eReader, you first need to have an Adobe account. If you don't already have an account, you can create one for free at the Adobe website. Please visit www.adobe.com/membership.
Step 2 - WiFi setup
1. Press and hold the power button to turn on the eReader.
2. Select 'Settings' from the main menu, then select 'System' from the list.
3. Now select 'WiFi'; a list of available WiFi access points will be displayed.
4. Please select your access point, press 'Connect', enter its password and press 'Ok' to confirm.
Step 3 - Adobe Activation
1. Select 'Adobe Activation'.
2. Enter your Adobe ID and password, as created in Step 1, and press 'Authenticate'.
How to download an eBook to the iRiver Cover Story
Step 1 - Sign In
1. Select 'Waterstones eBooks' from the main menu.
2. Choose your WiFi access point and press 'Connect'.
3. Select 'Sign in' and either register for a new account or enter your existing login for Waterstones.com.
Step 2 - Purchase an eBook
1. Select an eBook to purchase and press 'Download'.
2. If you have a Waterstones Gift Card, please enter the number on the back of the card and the security code (found beneath the scratch-off panel), and press 'Update'.
3. The balance to be charged to your credit/debit card will be displayed. Please press 'Continue' to complete the transaction.
Step 3 - Download an eBook
1. Select 'Download'; the eBook will be transferred to your library.
2. Press 'Sign out' and return to the eReader home page.
3. Select 'Books'; your new eBook should appear.
How to transfer an eBook to the iRiver Cover Story
Step 1 - Download an eBook
1. Sign in to Waterstones.com on a PC.
2. Choose and pay for an eBook.
3. Click on 'Download' and choose 'Save File'.
4. Choose a memorable location to save the file to, i.e. the desktop.
Step 2 - Connect the eReader to the computer
1. Using the USB cable provided with your eReader, connect the device to the computer.
2. Turn on the eReader; the computer should recognise the device and ask how you would like to proceed.
3. Select 'Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer' and click 'OK'.
4. A window will open showing the contents of the eReader.
Step 3 - Transfer the eBook
1. Go to the location you saved the downloaded eBook to. If you didn't specify a location, please try in My Documents/My eBooks or My Documents/My Digital Editions.
2. Copy the file by right-clicking on it and selecting 'Copy'.
3. Open the 'Cover Story' window and double-click on the 'Book' folder to open it.
4. Right-click in the window and select 'Paste'.
5. Safely remove your eReader from the computer.
6. The eReader will update briefly, after which you eBook should appear in the 'Books' section.