"As Excel applications become more complex and the Windows development platform more powerful, Excel developers need books like this to help them evolve their solutions to the next level of sophistication. Professional Excel Development is a book for developers who want to build powerful, state-of-the-art Excel applications using the latest Microsoft technologies."
-Gabhan Berry, Program Manager, Excel Programmability, Microsoft
"The first edition of Professional Excel Development is my most-consulted and most-recommended book on Office development. The second edition expands both the depth and range. It shines because it takes every issue one step further than you expect. The book relies on the authors' current, real-world experience to cover not only how a feature works, but also the practical implications of using it in professional work."
-Shauna Kelly, Director, Thendara Green
"This book illustrates techniques that will result in well-designed, robust, and maintainable Excel-based applications. The authors' advice comes from decades of solid experience of designing and building applications. The practicality of the methods is well illustrated by the example timesheet application that is developed step-by-step through the book. Every serious Excel developer should read this and learn from it. I did."
-Bill Manville, Application Developer, Bill Manville Associates
The Start-to-Finish Guide to Building State-of-the-Art Solutions with Excel 2007
In this book, four world-class Microsoft ® Excel developers offer start-to-finish guidance for building powerful, robust, and secure applications with Excel. The authors-three of whom have been honored by Microsoft as Excel Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs)-show how to consistently make the right design decisions and make the most of Excel's most powerful new features. Using their techniques,you can reduce development costs, time to market, and hassle-and build more effective, successful solutions.
Fully updated for Excel 2007, this book starts where other books on Excel programming leave off. Through a hands-on case study project, you'll discover best practices for planning, architecting, and building Excel applications that are robust, secure, easy to maintain, and highly usable. If you're a working developer, no other book on Excel programming offers you this much depth, insight, or value.
* Design worksheets that will be more useful and reliable
* Leverage built-in and application-specific add-ins
* Construct applications that behave like independent Windows programs
* Make the most of the new Ribbon user interface
* Create cross-version applications that work with legacy versions of Excel
* Utilize XML within Excel applications
* Understand and use Windows API calls
* Master VBA error handling, debugging, and performance optimization
* Develop applications based on data stored in Access, SQL Server, and other databases
* Build powerful visualization solutions with Excel charting engine
* Learn how to work with VB.NET and leverage its IDE
* Automate Microsoft Excel with VB.NET
* Create managed COM add-ins for Microsoft Excel with VB.NET
* Develop Excel solutions with Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO)
* Integrate Excel with Web Services
* Deploy applications more securely and efficiently
Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
Number of pages: 1176
Weight: 1850 g
Dimensions: 235 x 179 x 61 mm
Edition: 2nd edition
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review