2for1 to Constable: The Making of a Master at the V&A
Waterstones Cardholders can enjoy two tickets for the price of one to see Constable: The Making of a Master, at the Victoria and Albert Museum until 11th January 2015.
About the exhibition
Constable: The Making of a Master
20th September 2014 - 11th January 2015
The Victoria and Albert Museum
Constable: The Making of a Master reveals the hidden stories of how Britain's best-loved landscape painter created some of his most celebrated paintings.
For the first time Constable's work is presented alongside those he most admired: the old masters of classical landscape such as Ruisdael and Claude. By applying their conceptual framework to his own uniquely naturalistic vision, Constable transformed the genre of landscape painting.
On display will be such famous works as The Hay Wain (1821), The Cornfield (1826) and Salisbury Cathedral from the Meadows (1831) together with the oil sketches Constable painted outdoors direct from nature, which are widely held to be unequalled at capturing transient effects of light and atmosphere. The exhibition will also examine Constable's collection of etchings, a vital resource for his own image making, as well as the mezzotints of his paintings made in the last decade of his life to secure his lasting legacy.
Supported by the Friends of the V&A; with thanks to Winsor & Newton
Claim the offer
Waterstones Cardholders can enjoy two full price tickets for the price of one with your Waterstones Card - normally £14 (+ £1.40 booking fee) each. To redeem the offer, simply show your Waterstones Card at the V&A's Ticket Desk to buy in person (with no booking fee).
You can also book online at www.vam.ac.uk/constable by entering promotional code WC2CM in the box titled 'Promotional Code' and clicking the 'Apply Code' button to access the exclusive offer.
The special discount tickets appear as 'General Admission - Reduced to £7.70' (this includes an online booking fee of 70p per ticket). These tickets can only be booked in multiples of two.
For more information on the exhibition visit www.vam.ac.uk/constable.
Read before you go
Terms and conditions
- Offer applies to Waterstones Cardholders only.
- Offer is valid from 20th September 2014 - 11th January 2015.
- Please present your Waterstones Card with booking confirmation/tickets upon entry to the exhibition.
- Constable: The Making of a Master exhibition tickets subject to availability.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged and duplicates will not be issued for lost tickets.
- Offer valid on full price adult tickets only (£14).
- Online booking subject to £1.40 booking fee.
- Both Waterstones Cards and Waterstones Pilot Cards are valid for this offer.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel this offer at any time.
Merchant address: Victoria and Albert Museum, Cromwell Road, South Kensington, London SW7 2RL