The Testaments Shop Pre-Order Prize Draw
Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to the prize draw entitled The Testaments Shop Pre-order Prize Draw. Any qualifying customer who pre-orders a hardback copy of The Testaments by Margaret Atwood (ISBN: 9781784742324) (the “Title”) in any participating branch of Waterstones in Great Britain before midnight on 03/09/2019 will be automatically entered into the prize draw.
- Only one prize per Entrant is allowed notwithstanding multiple or second or subsequent purchases of the Title.
- The ‘Entrant’ is the person placing the pre- order, whose contact details are provided upon pre-ordering a copy of the Title.
- This prize draw is not open to employees or contractors of the Promoter or the Publisher, their immediate families, nor to any other person connected with the pre-order draw.
- Entrants must be residents of Great Britain.
- There will be at least one (1) prize winner per participating Waterstones shop who will each be offered the prize of a signed hardback copy of the Title instead of the standard unsigned edition (to purchase at the same price as the standard unsigned edition). For the avoidance of doubt, no additional purchase will be necessary over and above the price of the pre-ordered copy of the Tile (the signed hardback copy will simply replace the unsigned edition
- The signed copies of the Title are subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equivalent status. No cash alternative will be offered. The Prize is non-transferable.
- Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted but will still receive the standard unsigned edition of the Title in accordance with their pre-order. The decision of the Promoter on all matters is final.
- A random draw of all valid entries will take place within six working days after the closing date above to select the winner(s). The winner(s) will be notified by telephone or email, and must respond by midnight within seven days of the date of contact. If a selected winner does not meet all of the entry conditions or refuses the prize, another entrant will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries within a reasonable timeframe.
- The Promoter will either publish or make each winner’s surname and county available on request to the following email address email@example.com (please state the name of the prize draw in the subject heading – such request to be received within 10 weeks of the prize draw closing date). If an Entrant does not want his/her surname and county to be published or made available in this way, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Promoter may terminate, amend or withdraw this draw and/or these terms and conditions at any time.
- Entry to the prize draw is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions, which are governed exclusively by English Law and under the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. By entering this prize draw you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
Promoter(s): Waterstones Booksellers Limited (“Waterstones”) (company number: 00610095) whose registered office address is at 203-206 Piccadilly, London, W1J 9HD on behalf of itself and The Random House Group Ltd (company number: 00954009) whose registered office address is at 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA.
Thank you for your reservation
Your order is now being processed and we have sent a confirmation email to you at
When will my order be ready to collect?
Call us on or send us an email at
Unfortunately there has been a problem with your order
Please try again or alternatively you can contact your chosen shop on or send us an email at