Madam Butterfly at the Royal Albert Hall: Save £10 on selected performances
Waterstones Cardholders save £10 on tickets for selected performances of the spectacular opera Madam Butterfly at the Royal Albert Hall.
Book your ticket by 26th February for selected performances in March.
About the performance
The Royal Albert Hall will once again be turned into an enchanting Japanese water garden for the return of the spectacular in-the-round production of Puccini's Madam Butterfly.
No opera can match the tragedy and sorrow of Madam Butterfly. Set in Japan at the turn of the century, this tale of the doomed love of an American naval lieutenant and his young Japanese bride inspired Puccini to write some of his most sublime and beautiful music.
The differences in attitudes and styles of East and West are skilfully woven together in Puccini's ravishing score. The magnificent love duet which closes the first act and Butterfly's celebrated solo One Fine Day, in which she shows her unwavering belief that Pinkerton will return to her, are just two of the greatest moments. And when, after several years, Pinkerton eventually returns with his American wife, Butterfly realises she has been betrayed and the opera moves to its powerful and tragic conclusion.
Madam Butterfly is sung in English using the highly acclaimed translation by Amanda Holden and is directed by renowned opera and theatre director David Freeman. Oliver Gooch conducts the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and a distinguished cast with the title role being shared by Nam-young Kim, Hyeseoung Kwon and Myung-Joo Lee.
Claim the offer
Book your tickets before Thursday 26th February and you can save £10 off:
- Stalls (excludes Premium)
- Mid Choir
- Front Circle
On performances on 3rd, 4th, 5th (including matinee), 10th, 11th & 13th March.
Book by phone
Call the Royal Albert Hall Box Office on 020 7838 3100 and quote 'Waterstones Cardholder Offer'.
Enter the code '18599' when prompted.
Terms and conditions
- Offer applies to Waterstones Cardholders only.
- Offer is valid until 26th February 2015.
- Madam Butterfly tickets are subject to availability.
- Offer valid for £10 off ticket prices for Stalls (excludes Premium), Mid Choir and Front Circle on performances on 3rd, 4th, 5th (including matinee), 10th, 11th & 13th March. All other ticket prices and performances are excluded.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and does not apply to tickets already purchased.
- Prices include a transaction processing fee (£2.50 per ticket) and payment handling fee (2% of total transaction) applies on all telephone or online bookings.
- Both Waterstones Cards and Waterstones Pilot Cards are valid for this offer.
- The promoters reserve the right to cancel this offer at any time.
Merchant address: Royal Albert Hall, Kensington Gore, London SW7 2AP and Raymond Gubbay Ltd, Dickens House, 15 Tooks Court, London EC4A 1LB