Rubens and His Legacy
Waterstones Cardholders can claim a free A3 exhibition poster worth £5 when they visit the Royal Academy of Arts’ spectacular exhibition Rubens and His Legacy – until 10th April 2015.
About the exhibition
Rubens and His Legacy: Van Dyck to Cézanne
Royal Academy of Arts
24th January – 10th April 2015
This Exhibition is proudly sponsored by BNY Mellon, Partner of the Royal Academy of Art
Rubens and His Legacy will bring together masterpieces produced during his lifetime, as well as major works by great artists who were influenced by him in the generations that followed. We see the influence of Rubens in the prints of Picasso and Rembrandt, in the portraiture of Van Dyck, in the hunting scenes and devotional works of Delacroix, and in the landscapes of Constable and Gainsborough. It is a far reaching and remarkable legacy.
Rubens, best known for his fleshy nude women, also embraced a broad array of subjects, from religious and mythological scenes to landscapes and portraits. We will be looking at each of these areas through the lens of six themes; power, lust, compassion, elegance, poetry and violence.
As part of this landmark exhibition, celebrated artist and Royal Academician Jenny Saville will curate La Peregrina, a personal and contemporary response to Rubens and His Legacy. For La Peregrina, Saville has chosen a selection of works by major 20th and 21st century artists. As well as paintings by Willem de Kooning, Pablo Picasso, Francis Bacon, Sarah Lucas, Lucian Freud and others, you can look forward to seeing extraordinary new work created by Saville especially for this occasion.
Set to be one of the biggest spectacles of 2015, this is an unprecedented opportunity to see masterpieces by Rubens side by side with the work of his artistic heirs.
Exhibition organised by the Royal Museum of Fine Arts, Antwerp, Royal Academy of Arts, London, and Centre for Fine Arts, Brussels.
Claim the offer
The free poster offer is available when purchasing full-price (£5) adult tickets only.
Tickets and exhibition posters are subject to availability.
Book in person
Show your Waterstones Card at the RA ticket desk to buy in person.
Enter the discount code 'WATERS15' when prompted.
Read before you go
New: RA short courses and practical classes
Hone your skills and develop your interests with leading experts and practising artists at the Royal Academy. Are you a writer looking for a muse? Or an architecture enthusiast who wants to delve deeper? Want to brush up on your art history? If so then the Royal Academy’s range of short courses are for you. Led by expert tutors and practising artists, these courses offer the chance to indulge your love of art or architecture through creative learning in a relaxed and informal environment.
Terms and conditions
- Offer applies to Waterstones Cardholders only.
- Offer ends 10th April 2015.
- Offer allows Waterstones Cardholders to claim a free large format (20" x 30") exhibition poster (RRP £5).
- Offer can be redeemed either in person at the RA Ticket Desk or by using Promotional code 'WATERS15' when booking online. A valid Waterstones Card must be presented at the RA Ticket Desk to collect the free exhibition poster. A transaction charge applies to all online bookings. If you book online, collect your free poster by presenting your Waterstones Card at the RA Ticket Desk. The offer entitles you to one free poster per online booking.
- To buy online visit royalacademy.org.uk, select 'Book Now' and choose a date and time. Enter 'WATERS15' (in capitals) in the promotional code box and click the promotion button - the offer will appear.
- Only one printout of voucher per person.
- Exhibition tickets and exhibition posters are subject to availability.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and is only valid for Rubens and His Legacy.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged and duplicates will not be issued for lost tickets.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel this offer at any time.
Merchant address: Royal Academy of Arts, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London W1J 0BD