2for1 entry to Ships, Clocks and Stars
Waterstones Cardholders can enjoy 2for1 entry to Ships, Clocks and Stars: the Quest for Longitude at the National Maritime Museum from 11th July 2014 - 4th January 2015 and claim a 10% discount at The Brasserie @ the National Maritime Museum, overlooking Greenwich Park.
About the exhibition
Ships, Clocks and Stars: the Quest for Longitude
11th July 2014 - 4th January 2015
National Maritime Museum, Greenwich
Discover how the critical problem of finding where you were at sea preoccupied the greatest minds of the 17th and 18th centuries. The Longitude Act, passed in July 1714, set the scene for a race of enormous importance, with great prestige and life-changing sums of money up for grabs.
Delve through this landmark exhibition into a dramatic story of invention and intrigue, which captured the imaginations and talents of astronomers, skilled artisans, politicians, seamen and satirists. Encounter a roll-call of famous figures, from Galileo and Isaac Newton, to Captain Cook, William Bligh and John Harrison. Explore the ingenious methods and instruments designed to scoop the Board of Longitude's rewards, follow the rivalries and personal stories of those who dedicated their work to the quest, and consider just how much we owe them today.
Claim the offer
To redeem the offer, simply show your Waterstones Card when purchasing two tickets at the National Maritime Museum Ticket Desks or book online at www.rmg.co.uk/longitude, and quote LONGITUDE241W when prompted for a promotion code. Please note you will need to show your Waterstones Card when you collect tickets purchased online.
Once you have visited the exhibition, you can claim a 10% discount in The Brasserie @ the National Maritime Museum. Simply show your exhibition ticket and Waterstones Card when placing your order.
Read before you go
Terms and conditions
Offer allows Waterstones Cardholders to claim 2for1 entry to Ships, Clocks and Stars: the Quest for Longitude at the National Maritime Museum and 10% off at The Brasserie @ the National Maritime Museum.
- Offer is valid for tickets purchased from 11th July to 4th January 2015.
- Offer for entry to exhibition and The Brasserie @ the National Maritime Museum is not valid between 24th December and 26th December 2014 inclusive. In addition, the 10% discount at The Brasserie @ the National Maritime Museum is not valid on 31st December 2014 and 1st January 2015.
- The offer is limited to two adult tickets per transaction.
- Exhibition tickets are subject to availability.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- For online bookings, visitors will need to present email confirmation of their booking and a valid Waterstones Card at the National Maritime Museum ticket desks.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded.
- Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain, whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
- Offer valid on full priced adult tickets at £8.50.
- A valid Waterstones Card must be presented to ticket desk staff.
- Both Waterstones Cards and Waterstones Pilot Cards are valid for this offer.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel this offer at any time.
Merchant address: National Maritime Museum, Park Row, Greenwich, SE10 9NF