Father's Day Drawing competition terms and conditions
- These Terms and Conditions apply to the 2016 Father’s Day Drawing Competition at Waterstones and Hodges Figgis bookshops. No purchase is necessary. The method of entry is described in paragraph 3 below. Entries must be received by 5.00pm on the closing date of 11 April 2016. Only one entry per person is allowed.
- Entrants must be aged 10 or under on 11 April 2016 and must be residents of the UK, Ireland, The Netherlands or Belgium. This competition is not open to employees or contractors of the Promoter or their immediate families, nor to any other person connected with the competition. All entrants must have the permission of a parent or guardian to enter the Competition.
- To enter, an entrant or his or her parent or guardian must ask for an entry sheet at a participating Waterstones or Hodges Figgis bookshop. The form must be correctly completed by the entrant and the parent or guardian of the entrant who must state his or her contact details. The entrant who must be aged 10 years or under on 11 April 2016, must draw a picture of a man, which may be his or her father, grandfather, uncle, or male Guardian, on the other, blank side of the entry sheet. Once the entry sheet has been completed on both sides, it should be handed in to a bookseller in the bookshop before the closing date. No other method of entry is permitted. All entries will be considered by Waterstones and a winner’s drawing will be selected based on subjective assessments set by the Waterstones’ employee (s) choosing the winner. He/she/they will choose the drawing that he/she/they like best. All drawings must be capable of being reproduced for use as described in paragraphs 5 and 9 below. There will be up to five (the exact number will be decided upon by the Promoter) competition winners, each of whom will receive a Prize as follows: (A) A winner resident in the UK will receive a Waterstones voucher to the value of £20. A winner resident in Eire, Amsterdam or Brussels, will win a Waterstones voucher to the value of €25; and (B) each winner’s drawing may be used by the Promoter in any publicity, point of sale, marketing or other literature, whether used in bookshops, online or otherwise, and may be amended, reduced or increased in size, and may be set alongside other artwork (whether from another winner or otherwise), wording or other representation.
- The Prize is subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the Prize, or offer an alternative Prize of equal or greater value. No cash alternative will be offered. The Prize is non-transferable.
- Within 7 working days of 11 April 2016, the Promoter will select the winner(s) based on the criteria set out in these terms and conditions. The Prize winner(s) will be notified by telephone, post or email as soon as possible afterwards. If a selected winner does not meet all of the necessary conditions or refuses the Prize, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
- All decisions of the Promoter are final. All entrants acknowledge that the selection of the winner(s) may be based on the subjective opinions of the Promoter and/or any external judges.
- By entering the competition, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by the Promoter (and in the case of there being more than one, each of them) without payment or compensation.
- The Promoter may terminate, amend or withdraw this competition and/or these terms and conditions at any time.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries nor for any entries that fail to be submitted for any technical reason whatsoever. If an entrant so indicates on the entry form, the original entry with the drawing will be returned to the bookshop at which it was submitted on 1 July 2016, and will be retained for collection for a period of 4 weeks. This does not apply to the entries of the winners, which will be retained by Waterstones. All entrants, by entering the competition, unconditionally confirm the grant to Waterstones of an exclusive, worldwide, perpetual and royalty free licence in all intellectual property rights in the drawing submitted, including, without limiting the licence, copyrights, trademark rights and design rights, and waive any moral rights and like rights in relation to the competition entry so that the Promoter shall be entitled to use the competition entry in any and all media at no cost to the Promoter . The Promoter accepts no responsibility for contacting entrants or forwarding Prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information nor for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed. Proof of entering is not proof of receipt of entry.
- Entries must be submitted by the named entrant and endorsed by his or her parent or guardian. Multiple entries from a single source will be disqualified.
- For the name/county of the Prize winner(s), please send a stamped addressed envelope marked Waterstones 2016 Father’s Day Drawing Competition Winner to Waterstones Booksellers Limited, 203/206 Piccadilly, London, W1J 9HD after 1 July 2016. No entries should be sent to this address.
- Entry to the competition is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions, which are governed by English Law. By entering the competition, you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
Promoter: Waterstones Booksellers Limited (“Waterstones”), on behalf of itself and its associated companies in Ireland, The Netherlands and Belgium.
Simply reserve online and pay at the counter when you collect. Available in shop from just two hours, subject to availability.
Thank you for your reservation
Your order is now being processed and we have sent a confirmation email to you at
When will my order be ready to collect?
Following the initial email, you will be contacted by the shop to confirm that your item is available for collection.
Call us on or send us an email at
Unfortunately there has been a problem with your order
Please try again or alternatively you can contact your chosen shop on or send us an email at