Defining beauty: the body in ancient Greek Art
Waterstones Cardholders can save 25% off full-priced adult tickets to Defining beauty: the body in ancient Greek art at the British Museum from 26th March – 5th July 2015.
About the exhibition
Defining beauty: the body in ancient Greek art
26th March - 5th July 2015
Sainsbury Exhibitions Gallery (Room 30)
Entry £16.50 (Waterstones Cardholders £12.38), members and under 16s free
Experience the brilliance and diversity of ancient Greek art in this major exhibition focusing on the human body.
For centuries the ancient Greeks experimented with ways of representing the human body, both as an object of beauty and a bearer of meaning.
The remarkable works of art in the exhibition range from abstract simplicity of prehistoric figurines to breathtaking realism in the age of Alexander the Great. These works continued to inspire artists for hundreds of years, giving form to thought and shaping our own perceptions of ourselves.
'The chief forms of beauty are order, symmetry and clear delineation’ - Aristotle
'In portraying ideal types of beauty... you bring together from many models the most beautiful features of each' - Socrates
Sponsored by Julius Bär
Marble statue of a discus-thrower (discobolus) by Myron. Roman copy of a bronze Greek original of the 5th century BC.
Marble statue of a naked Aphrodite crouching at her bath, also known as Lely’s Venus. Roman copy of a Greek original, 2nd century AD. Royal Collection Trust/Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II 2015.
Claim the offer
Waterstones Cardholders can purchase full price adult tickets for just £12.38 (saving 25%).
The offer can only be booked online or over the phone. Advance booking is strongly recommended and exhibition entry is by timed entry. This offer is valid until 5th July 2015 with a maximum of two tickets per transaction. Subject to availability.
Book by phone
Call 020 7323 8181 and quote 'waterstonesbeauty'.
Use promotion code 'waterstonesbeauty' at checkout.
Terms and conditions
- Offer applies to Waterstones Cardholders only.
- This offer is valid 26th March – 5th July 2015.
- Exhibition tickets are subject to availability and booking fees apply. The offer is limited to two adult tickets per transaction.
- The offer is capped at 3,000 tickets.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Offer is non-transferable to another Museum exhibition.
- The British Museum reserves the right to amend exhibition opening hours without prior notice.
- Advance booking is strongly recommended. Exhibition entry is by timed entry.
- Offer only available online and by phone quoting ‘waterstones’.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged and duplicates will not be issued for lost tickets.
- On the chosen day of their visit, Cardholders can either show their email confirmation at the Exhibition entrance (Sainsbury Exhibitions Gallery) or collect their tickets at Ticket Desk.
- Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
- Offer valid on full priced adult tickets (£16.50 before discount).
- A valid Waterstones Card must be presented to Ticket Desk staff.
- Both Waterstones Cards and Waterstones Pilot Cards are valid for this offer.
Merchant address: British Museum, Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3DG