We regret that due to the technical limitations of our site, we are unable to offer eBooks or Audio Downloads to customers outside of the UK.
For further details please read our eBooks help.
Waterstones Rewards Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the standard Waterstones points card Scheme. You can also read the terms and conditions for the Waterstones Student Card Scheme. If you have any questions, contact us.
Waterstones Booksellers Limited (‘WBL’) whose registered address is at 203/206 Piccadilly, London W1J 9HD and certain of its associated companies (together 'Waterstones') are promoting a points card (‘Waterstones Points Card’ or ‘WPC’) with a view to offering more value to its customers (the 'WPC Scheme'). The WPC Scheme is distinct from the Waterstones Student Scheme, for which separate conditions apply, although it is possible to transfer points between the two card schemes. The following terms and conditions apply to the WPC Scheme and to any person who holds a WPC (a ‘Cardholder’):-
The Waterstones Points Card scheme
- Correspondence relating to the WPC Scheme should be sent to WBL, 203/206 Piccadilly, London W1J 9HD, or, if the customer is in Eire, to Waterstones, 56-58 Dawson Street, Dublin 2, Eire.
- Your WPC and any replacements are issued by and remain the property of WBL. The WPC Scheme is free of charge to all persons who purchase goods in all participating branches of Waterstones and its associated shops and on Waterstones.com. WBL reserves the right to alter, without prior notice, products included in or excluded from the WPC Scheme and it reserves the right to change the number of participating shops at any time. Cardholders can redeem and collect points but will not be able to join the WPC Scheme at Hatchards shops and Southwold Books.
- To apply for a WPC and take advantage of the WPC Scheme you must be aged 16 years or over.
- Your name, postal address and email address must be provided for a WPC to be registered. If you do not register your WPC you will not be able to redeem your points.
- Your WPC cannot be used as a credit card or a guarantee card. The WPC Scheme is only for consumer use. The WPC cannot be used for any transaction where the purchaser or ultimate beneficiary is a business entity.
- The WPC can only be used by the person whose signature is on the WPC. Neither the WPC nor the points thereon are transferable to any other Cardholder but the points on a WPC can be transferred to a Waterstones Student Card and vice versa where the registered user is the same person.
- If you breach, or if WBL reasonably believes that you have breached these terms and conditions, your WPC may be terminated without prior notice and any accumulated points or vouchers will be forfeited. WBL reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary where a Cardholder is found to have abused the WPC Scheme.
- A Cardholder can choose to leave the WPC Scheme at any time by giving written notice to WBL, or by leaving his/her WPC at a Waterstones shop. By leaving the WPC Scheme a Cardholder forfeits all and any points or vouchers already accrued or issued.
- A Cardholder who, for a consecutive period of 36 months, does not collect or redeem any points, check their balance by logging in to the Waterstones.com account linked to their WPC or check their balance in a Waterstones shop will have their WPC account and any associated points or voucher balance terminated without notice, and will need to reapply for new membership should they wish to re-join and begin collecting again.
- In addition to paragraph 7 above, WBL reserves the right on notice to Cardholders to (i) stop issuing WPCs at any time; (ii) amend the benefits of the WPC Scheme at any time; (iii) alter or amend these terms and conditions and the operation of the WPC and/or WPC Scheme; and (iv) withdraw or cancel a WPC and/or the points (including the redemption and issue of such) and/or terminate the WPC Scheme. For the purposes of this paragraph, and any other paragraphs which contain a right for or an obligation upon WBL to give notice, the period of notice will be such duration, if any, as WBL in its absolution discretion decides and will be considered adequately given if (a) sent by to the Cardholder at the email address (if any) held by WBL for that Cardholder and (b) by WBL placing a copy of the notice on its website, Waterstones.com.
How to collect and redeem points. To collect points for a transaction in one of our shops, Cardholders must present their WPC at the till at the time of purchase or within 30 days of the date of purchase. In the latter case, proof of purchase using a validated till receipt will be required for the points to be credited to the WPC. To collect points for a transaction online, the unique number on your WPC must be linked to your Waterstones.com account at the time of purchase. Cardholders cannot claim points on purchases made before they joined the WPC Scheme.
- Points will be awarded on, and can be redeemed in participating Waterstones shops, or on Waterstones.com against, all merchandise sold with the exception of:
- gift vouchers, electronic gift cards, book tokens, theatre tokens, events tickets and stamps.
- In shop purchases from Waterstones concessions and online purchases from waterstonesmarketplace.com, waterstonesaccountsales.com and waterstonesmagazines.com;
- And such other products as WBL may decide upon, in its full discretion, from time to time.
- Cardholders can redeem and collect points but will not be able to join the WPC Scheme at Hatchards shops and Southwold Books.