We regret that due to the technical limitations of our site, we are unable to offer eBooks or Audio Downloads to customers outside of the UK.
For further details please read our eBooks help.
Terms and Conditions for the supply of Waterstones products
- When you register with the Waterstones website, you will be required to choose a contact email address and password. You are responsible for all sessions and transactions taken under these details. You should keep your password safe and not disclose it to anyone. You should change it immediately if you feel it has been compromised.
- If any of your details change, such as your credit card billing address, you must inform Waterstones as soon as possible. You may update your details by signing into your account on the Waterstones website, and update the relevant section.
- Upon registration, you will also be registered under the Waterstones Points Card Scheme, and will be able to start collecting points redeemable against future purchases on the website and in our shops.
The contract between us
- Any contract for purchases made through the website will be with Waterstones Booksellers Limited, whose registered office is situated at Waterstones, 203-206 Piccadilly W1J 9HD, company registration number 610095 (Waterstones).
- Waterstones must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted, and the contract formed. Payment is not taken until the point of despatch of the goods to you from our distribution centre. Once
paymenthas been received Waterstones will confirm that your order has been received by sending an email to you at the email address you provide in your registration form. The shipment email will include your name, the order number and the total price. Waterstones acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms. Any term sought to be imposed by you in your order will not form part of the contract.
- Waterstones are entitled to withdraw from any contract in the case of obvious errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods appearing on our website. If an error or inaccuracy is discovered with regards to the advertised price of the goods that you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible by email. This will be to inform you of the correct price of the
goods,and to ask you if you wish to continue with the order at the amended price,or to cancel the order altogether.
Withdrawal by you from the contract
If you are an individual and are not buying goods on behalf of a business, there are certain circumstances in which you may withdraw from the contract and these are set out here. This right to withdraw does not apply to business buyers.
- You may withdraw your order for goods at any time up to the end of the
twenty firstworking day after you have received the goods. You do not need to give Waterstones any reason for withdrawing your order nor will you have to pay any penalty.
- The only circumstance in which you cannot withdraw your order is where you have taken the goods you have ordered (or the ones in relation to which you want to withdraw) out of the sealed package in which they were delivered.
- To withdraw your order you must notify Waterstones in writing at the address set out in the Waterstones returns section of this website.
- If you have received the goods before you withdraw your order then, unless you have lost your right to withdraw because you have taken the goods out of their sealed package, you must send them back to the Waterstones return address at your own cost and risk, (or a local Waterstones store) unless the goods were supplied faulty or damaged. If you withdraw your
orderbut Waterstones has already processed the goods for delivery and you have received them, you must not unpack the goods when they are received by you and you must send the goods back to Waterstones at the Waterstones return address at your own cost and risk as soon as possible.
- Once you have notified Waterstones that you are withdrawing your order, any sum debited to Waterstones from your credit card will be re-credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order.
Availability of goods you order
If Waterstones has insufficient stock to deliver the goods ordered by you, we will notify you as soon as possible and any sum debited by Waterstones from your credit card will be re-credited to your account and Waterstones will notify you by email at the address given by you in your order form. The refund will be made as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order. Waterstones will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
Please note: we endeavour to bring our customers the best value we can by running special offers, but please remember stocks are limited at the special offer price, and subject to availability. We update our website as quickly as we can to minimise disappointment. The process of updating the website when goods have sold out at promotional price can take a few hours to update. Please note that the price the goods are offered for tender
Prices exclude postage and packing. Promotions apply to listed titles only, which are subject to change and availability. If you choose to purchase a product from a multi-buy offer, but do not purchase enough products to qualify for the special discount, the product will be charged at the normal price. Please note that on 3 for 2 promotions (and other multi-buy offers), the lowest priced title will always be the 'free' item.
Delivery of goods to you
- Waterstones will post, or arrange a courier on your behalf, for the goods ordered by you to the person and address you give Waterstones at the time you make your order. For goods delivered outside of the EU, the consignee (ie the person to whom the consignment is sent) will be the declarant and importer into the country for which the consignment is destined. The consignee will be responsible for both customs clearance and payment of customs duties and local taxes where required.
- Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted and in any event within 30 days of despatch of the order. All delivery times quoted on the website are estimates only, based on availability, normal processing and delivery companies.
- You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when the goods are despatched to you from our distribution centre.
If you are ordering goods for delivery outside of the EU, please note that your consignment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the goods reach the country of destination. Any such charges levied in relation to customs clearance must be borne by you. It is accepted by you that Waterstones has no control over additional charges in relation to customs clearance. Waterstones recommend that you check with your local customs officials or post office for more information regarding importation taxes/duties that may be applicable to your online order.
This is as follows:
- If the goods Waterstones delivers are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, Waterstones shall have no liability to you unless you notify Waterstones of the problem, in writing using our online Customer Support Team contact form within 10 working days of the delivery of goods in question.
- If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which they were despatched to you, Waterstones shall have no liability to you unless you notify Waterstones in writing at the Waterstones contact address of the problem within 40 days of the date on which the goods were despatched to you.
- If you notify a problem to Waterstones under this condition, Waterstones only obligation will be, at its option, to make good any shortage or non-delivery; to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question to the original method of payment, unless such method is no longer valid in which case Waterstones e-coupons will be issued to the value of the refund due.
- Waterstones will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem you notify to Waterstones under this condition and Waterstones shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question under paragraph (c) above.
- Nothing in this condition is, however, intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit Waterstones liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
Nothing in this contract creates any right which is enforceable by any person who is not a party to the contract.
Waterstones shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
If any part of these conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which Waterstones excludes its liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
Waterstones operate a complaints handling procedure which is used to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. If you have a complaint, please contact the Customer Service Manager at the following address:
Customer Service Manager, Waterstones Booksellers Ltd, 203-206 Piccadilly W1J 9HD (correspondence only, no returns to this address please).
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law, and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
These terms and conditions, together with the current Waterstones website prices, delivery details and Waterstones contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the goods to you by Waterstones. These terms and conditions cannot be varied except in writing signed by a director of Waterstones. In particular nothing said by any sales person on behalf of Waterstones should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods offered for sale by Waterstones. Waterstones shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.
The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays. Waterstones shall not be responsible for any detrimental reliance you place on this website or its contents.
Waterstones is providing this site and its contents (including any downloadable data or software) on an 'as is' basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. In addition, Waterstones makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site or that any software or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of Waterstones howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Neither Waterstones nor any of its Directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site in any way. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
Our website may contain hyperlinks. These hyperlinks connect you to sites of other organisations which are not our responsibility. We have used our reasonable endeavours in preparing our own website and the information included in it is done so in good faith. However, we have no control over any of the information you can access via other websites. Therefore, no mention of any organisation, company or individual to which our website is linked shall imply any approval or warranty as to the standing and capability of any such organisations, company or individual on the part of Waterstones.
Promotional discount codes
We may occasionally offer discount codes to customers.
Discount codes are exclusive of online postage and packaging and can only be used once per person with one discount code to be used per transaction. Discount codes cannot be used with any other voucher, coupon or offer. Discount codes can only be used at
All discount codes are subject to their own terms and conditions.
All design, text, graphics and the selection or arrangement thereof are the copyright of Waterstones, or of other copyright owners. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print in hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with Waterstones, or using this site as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this site (including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and modification, distribution, or republication) without the prior written permission of Waterstones is strictly prohibited.
Waterstones and the 'W' logo are registered trade marks belonging to Waterstones. All other trade marks, product names and company names or logos used in this site are the property of their respective owners. No permission is given by Waterstones in respect of the use of its or any such other trade marks, product names, titles or logos and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder's rights.
In these terms and conditions:-
- 'Waterstones' means Waterstones Booksellers Limited of Waterstones, 203-206 Piccadilly W1J 9HD, any connected organisation that actually supplies goods ordered by you and any successor to its business;
- 'working day' means every day of a calendar year apart from weekends and statutory and public holidays;
- 'us' means Waterstones and you together; and
- 'you' and 'your' means the person ordering goods under these terms and conditions.