Online Pricing and payments
All prices on Waterstones.com are for online purchases only and may differ from Waterstones bookshops.
All charges are in UK pounds (£). All overseas orders will be charged in their respective currencies, based on current exchange rates.
Prices displayed in your shopping basket are the current prices of the goods and the amount you will be charged for each item when submitting your order.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Please note that payments may be taken at different times:
- Credit/Debit Card payments are taken on dispatch of your order.
- Waterstones Gift Cards and Waterstones Plus payments are taken at the point an order is placed.
You can pay using the following Credit/Debit Cards:
- American Express
- Visa credit
- Delta debit
We also accept payment using:
- Waterstones gift cards
- Waterstones Plus Cards
Unfortunately, we cannot accept the following Credit/Debit Cards:
We do not currently accept National Book Tokens or paper gift vouchers online.
- Prices exclude postage and packing
- Promotions apply to listed titles only, which are subject to change and availability
- We reserve the right to withdraw a promotion at any time
- On 3 for 2 promotions (and other multi-buy offers), the lowest priced title will always be the 'free' item
- If you choose to purchase a product from a multi-buy offer, but do not purchase enough products to qualify for the special discount, the product will be charged at the normal price
If you choose to purchase a product from a multi-buy offer, but do not purchase enough products to qualify for the special discount, the product will be charged at the normal price.
Pre-order Price Promise
Payment for your pre-order is only taken on the day of dispatch. If the price happens to be lower on that day than you initially paid, you’ll be debited the lower of the two.
This only applies up until the publication date and any further price reductions can not be applied retrospectively.
Items that are subject to VAT have the 20% rate reflected in their RRP.
Books are not subject to VAT, however for items where partial or full 20% needs to be applied the VAT is included in the selling prices reflected on our website.
Full VAT items include:
- games and other non-book products
The prices payable for goods are as set out in the website, inclusive of VAT where applicable (books are currently zero rated).
Customers ordering for delivery outside of the UK will be responsible for payment of any local taxes payable including VAT, and will be required to pay extra for delivery and clearance where necessary.