Online Pricing and Payments
Please note that payments may be taken at different times:
- Credit/Debit Card and PayPal payments are taken on dispatch of your order, and your payment may be split if items are sent separately.
- Waterstones UK Gift Cards and Waterstones Plus payments are taken at the point an order is placed.
Which payment methods do you accept online?
You can pay for your order online using the following Credit/Debit Cards;
- American Express
- Delta Debit
- Visa Credit
- Visa Debit
We also welcome payment online using:
- Waterstones UK Gift Cards
- Your Waterstones Plus Reward Card
- National Book Tokens
Which payment methods do you not accept online?
We do not accept the following Debit/Credit cards for payment online;
- Diners Club
We also do not currently accept the following payment methods on our website;
- National Book Tokens paper vouchers
- Love2Shop cards/paper vouchers
- Waterstones Euro gift cards
- One4All gift cards/paper vouchers
- Leisure Vouchers
I am having problems with my payment card at checkout. Can you help?
Last year, we upgraded our payment process to a more reliable service with increased security measures. One unintended consequence is that our payment form is no longer compatible on older web browsers (significantly Microsoft’s Internet Explorer, which has now been superseded by Microsoft Edge).
In the event of payment issues at checkout, we recommend trying an alternative browser (i.e. Edge, Chrome or Firefox), or ensuring your current browser is kept up to date by completing the following:
Update Google Chrome: click on , then 'Settings', then 'About Chrome'
Update Safari: click on , then 'App Store', then 'Updates'
Update Firefox: Click on , then 'Help, then 'About Firefox'
Upgrade Internet Explorer: For Windows 10, we recommend upgrading to Microsoft Edge by visiting www.microsoft.com/edge.
Our shops select and price books for sale independently.
Our online book prices apply to books purchased on Waterstones.com for delivery or Click and Collect.
All charges are in UK pounds (£). All overseas orders will be charged in their respective currencies, based on current exchange rates.
Prices displayed in your shopping basket are the current prices of the goods and the amount you will be charged for each item when submitting your order.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
What are your rules around your promotional offers?
- Prices exclude postage and packing
- Promotions apply to listed titles only, which are subject to change and availability
- We reserve the right to withdraw a promotion at any time
- On 3 for 2 promotions (and other multi-buy offers), the lowest priced title will always be the 'free' item If you choose to purchase a product from a multi-buy offer, but do not purchase enough products to qualify for the special discount, the product will be charged at the normal price
What is your Pre-Order Price Promise?
- Payment for your pre-order is only taken on the day of dispatch. If the price happens to be lower on that day than you initially paid, you’ll be debited the lower of the two
- This only applies up until the publication date and any further price reductions can not be applied retrospectively.
What are your VAT Rates?
Items that are subject to VAT have the 20% rate reflected in their RRP. Books are not subject to VAT, however for items where partial or full 20% needs to be applied the VAT is included in the selling prices reflected on our website.
Full VAT items include;
- Other non-book products
The prices payable for goods are as set out in the website, inclusive of VAT where applicable (books are currently zero rated).
Customers ordering for delivery outside of the UK will be responsible for payment of any local taxes payable including VAT, and will be required to pay extra for delivery and clearance where necessary.
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Alternatively, for multiple items you may find it easier to add to basket, then pay online and collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.