For further details please read our eBooks help.
the new Website
Welcome to the new and improved Waterstones.com. We've updated the entire look and feel of our website and made a whole raft of improvements that should make shopping with us easier than ever.
Update or confirm your password
If you’re logging in for the first time you’ll need to re-set your password. Don’t worry, you can still use the same password if you like.
It's simple to do, and this is how you do it...
- Sign in as you normally would, entering your email and password.
- Enter your email address for re-setting.
- You will receive an email shortly after this, click on the link or button.
- Enter and confirm your password and you're ready to shop...
If you have any questions, contact our Customer Support Team who will be happy to help.
So, what's new?
A bettER online SHOPPING EXPERIENCE
- We've improved the look and feel of our website, making it a simpler and more pleasurable experience to shop online with Waterstones.
- A fully responsive site that's designed for use on tablets and mobiles, making our Click & Collect service more convenient to use on the move.
- We now have over 250,000 titles available within 24 hours - vastly improving your chances of getting the book you want, when you want it.
sIMPLER Click & Collect service
It's now much easier to Click & Collect on Waterstones.com. You can choose a 'Preferred Shop' which will be your default option when you Click & Collect with us.
You can choose your Preferred Shop as follows:
- Log in to your Waterstones.com account.
- Find your local Waterstones using our Shop Finder.
- Select 'Make this my local shop'.
Your choice is now saved. No need to to enter your details each time you Click & Collect.
Find out more on our Click & Collect page.
- New customers don't need to register before making a purchase.
- Our new Fast Checkout option allows you to place your order, with just the essential information needed to fulfil it.
- And then you can save these details for your next visit, or complete your order as a guest.
We’ve saved the important stuff...
Good news for returning customers – your new Waterstones.com account will retain these important details:
- Order History
- Purchased eBooks and MP3s
- Waterstones Cards
- Wish Lists
- Address Book
Please update your payment details
For your safety and security we have not transferred your credit/debit card details, and ask that you renew these with us. Don't worry if you're in a hurry – you can enter and save these details in the checkout the next time you shop with us on Waterstones.com.
Goodbye e-wallet, hello virtual gift card
Any funds held on your online e-wallet can be found on a new virtual gift card under 'Gift cards' within your account. You can use them in the same way you would any gift card, by selecting 'Use a gift card' at the Payment Options stage of checkout. Also, any gift card refunds you receive will now go back on to the card you used for the order, rather than your e-wallet, so remember to keep hold of it.
More blog. More books.
We're proud of the Waterstones blog, and its huge array of regularly updated content including:
- Guest articles from high-profile authors, expert booksellers, publishers and more
- Author interviews, from the hottest debut writers to the biggest names in the book world
- Exclusive extracts and serials.
- Competitions, giveaways, galleries and more!
We've built our new site with our blog in mind so it's now easier to find across Waterstones.com.
Reviews and Comments
Many thousands of reviews, submitted by customers and expert booksellers, are now much simpler to find and reviewing is easier than ever.
We've also added some more helpful features:
- Comment on reviews and join in the conversation
Writing a review isn’t all. Start a conversation about a book by asking questions and join in by commenting on other people’s reviews.
- Editable display names
A popular request – you can now change your display name within your account under ‘My Profile’.
- Share reviews to your social media accounts
We love reading your reviews – so will others! Now you can easily share your reviews with friends.
more Wish list options
You won't recognise our new Wish Lists - they've been completely transformed. You can now create and share as many lists as you like.
- Create multiple lists with your Waterstones.com account.
- Share your curated lists to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+.
- Add notes and comments to your chosen books.
Use more than one gift card
This is something you've been asking for, so we're happy to announce that you can now use more than one Waterstones gift card on a single transaction.
Save Multiple Credit/Debit Cards
You can also save multiple Credit/Debit Cards to your account for easy access. You can manage these within the 'Payment' section in your online account.