For further details please read our eBooks help.
gift cards and vouchers
Waterstones' range of gift cards and vouchers means that you can always find the right gift, whatever the occasion. We have gift cards for book-lovers, for students, and those who enjoy the theatre, too.
Have a question about our gift cards? Take a look at the answers to frequently asked questions below.
The Waterstones gift card is the perfect way to treat family and friends. You can spend your gift card in all Waterstones bookshops and online at Waterstones.com. *Terms and conditions apply.
The Student BookPass is a unique gift card that allows parents to top up a gift card remotely to make sure the student gets the books they need.
Shop for larger corporate orders over £250 - card and paper vouchers are available as well as discounts.
Looking for a special gift, but don't know what to buy? With Theatre Tokens, you can give the gift of choice--the perfect present for anyone.
Buying Waterstones gift cards in other shops
You can now purchase a Waterstones gift card from other retailers including Boots, Morrisons, Tesco, Argos, Homebase, and The Co-operative.
This gift card is redeemable in the same way as one bought from Waterstones, and you can use it to make a purchase in any of our Waterstones bookshops or on Waterstones.com.
Please note the cards are sold in denominations of £15 and £25 only and the same gift card terms and conditions apply.
Frequently asked questions
If you have any difficulties with your Waterstones gift card, contact our Customer Support Team for help.
How can I top up my gift card?
How can I check my gift card balance?
How can I use my gift card to pay for an online order?
My order confirmation email shows the full price. Have you not taken my gift card payment?
Can I use a gift card and another payment method on the same order?
I want to cancel an order paid with a gift card. How am I refunded?
Can I use paper gift vouchers and/or book tokens on Waterstones.com?
* Waterstones gift card terms and conditions
- Validly activated cards can be used as full or part payment of any goods at Waterstones shops across the UK, Isle of Man and Jersey (excluding Harrods) and for purchases made online at Waterstones.com. For online purchases please follow the redemption procedure accordingly (see above). No change or refunds will be given where the sales transaction is for an amount less than the balance on the card but the balance may be applied to future purchases.
- This card cannot be used to purchase gift vouchers, additional Gift Cards or book tokens nor can the card (and any card balance) be exchanged for cash or used as a deposit on a credit agreement.
- The card is for personal use only and it may not be used for commercial purposes (including but not limited to resale) without Waterstones prior written consent. The card is exempt from Waterstones Standard Returns Policy.
- The minimum amount required to activate or top-up a card is £1 and the maximum card limit is £500.
- This card is not a cheque guarantee, debit or credit card.
- If the card is not used for a consecutive period of 24 months (whether to make a purchase, top-up or to make a balance enquiry), the card will automatically expire and any remaining balance will be deducted. If the card shows a zero balance and there are no card transaction(s) for 180 days, it will automatically expire at the end of that 180 day period.
- Waterstones cannot be held liable for lost, stolen or damaged cards or any credit amounts on such cards. Waterstones reserves the right to issue another card for the balance of the original card at its discretion on production of your original receipt, but Waterstones is not responsible for funds used without your knowledge.
- Waterstones reserves the right to add to or waive these terms and conditions on reasonable notice for legal, security or regulatory reasons or to discontinue the book card scheme at any time in the event of circumstances beyond it's reasonable control. Customers will be notified in advance via in store displays in the event of any such change.
- The card may be used for payment of goods of a higher price than the current card balance, on payment of the difference. Over payments, where goods are subsequently exchanged for goods of a lower price, will be added to the balance of the card (see above for online procedure).
- Additional terms and conditions apply for online card use - please see above.
Cards are issued by Waterstones Booksellers Ltd, 203 - 206 Piccadilly W1J 9HD.