For further details please read our eBooks help.
eBooks & MP3 Audio Downloads
Welcome to our eBooks and Audio Downloads help page. Here you'll find answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding all areas of the eBooks and Audio Downloads we sell.
How do I read my eBook?
Depending on the device you are using, we recommend downloading one of two applications to read your eBook:
Reading eBooks on a tablet or mobile
To read eBooks on an iPad, iPhone, Android or Windows device:
- Download and install the OverDrive app
- Sign up for an OverDrive account and sign in
- Download your eBook purchase from Waterstones.com
- The OverDrive app will automatically open your eBook, ready for you to read
Need more help? See our FAQ below, or contact us for assistance.
Reading eBooks on an eReader, PC or Mac
Including Windows PCs and laptops, Apple Macs, Nook, Kobo and Sony eReaders.
- Download and install Adobe Digital Editions
- Open Adobe Digital Editions and follow the steps to get started
- Download your eBook from Waterstones.com and it will be opened by Adobe Digital Editions
- Connect an eReader to transfer the eBook across using Adobe Digital Editions
Need more help? Read our FAQ, below, or contact us for assistance.
How do I listen to my Audio Download?
Listening to Audio Downloads on any device
Regardless of which device you are using, we recommend you download the Overdrive app to manage your Audio Downloads.
Help with OverDrive and Adobe Digital Editions
How do I read eBooks on a tablet or mobile?
How do I read eBooks on an eReader, PC, or Mac?
How do I listen to Audio Downloads on any device?
I have forgotten my Adobe ID or Overdrive account details
eBook frequently asked questions
All eBooks sold on Waterstones.com are in ePUB or PDF format and these are secured with Adobe ADEPT Digital Rights Management.