Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
To help prevent spread of the Coronavirus, and to protect the wellbeing of our customers and staff, please note all Waterstones bookshops are now closed until further notice.
Last updated on 24/03/2020 at 11:40.
Please note our bookshops normally process many of our online orders. Such orders are now being rediverted to our warehouse which may result in a short but additional delay. We are extremely grateful to the Royal Mail who are working incredibly hard to support this temporary disruption to our service.
Thank you all for your patience and support in these unprecedented times.
Latest UK Delivery Estimates
- Free delivery over £20 - 4-6 workings days
- UK Courier (£7.95) - No longer available
- 1st Class (£3.75) - 2-3 working days
- 2nd Class (£2.75) - 4-6 workings days
Delivery to Shops
Closure of our bookshops means that both our Delivery to Shop and Click&Collect services have now been temporarily suspended.
- China - China Post have advised to expect deliveries to take longer than usual
- Cyprus - Cyprus Post advices that signatures won't be required for deliveries but delays are likely
- Czech Republic - Delays are possible
- Denmark - Delays are possible
- France - Delays are likely
- Germany - Delays are possible
- Hong Kong - Delays are likely due to slower mail processing and delivery
- Iran - We expect delays of 2-3 days
- Ireland - Delays are possible
- Italy - We expect delays of 2-3 days as orders are being transported by road rather than by air
- Japan - Delays are likely due to reduced air routes operating
- Kuwait - Deliveries are currently being held, so please expect a delay
- Mongolia - Deliveries are currently being held, so please expect a delay
- Netherlands - PostNL advises that signatures won't be required for deliveries
- Saudi Arabia - Delivery confirmation will be based on a code sent to the addressee's mobile phone instead of a signature
- South Korea - Delays are likely due to reduced air routes operating
- Spain - Correos advise that due to a significantly reduced workforce, please expect delays.
- Taiwan - Delays are likely due to reduced air routes operating
- USA - Delays are possible due to restricted air travel.
Staff and Customer Safety
To help prevent spread of the Coronavirus, and to protect the wellbeing of our customers and staff, sadly Waterstones will temporarily close its doors by the close of trade Monday 23 March until further notice.
All our Waterstones cafes are now closed until further notice.
All story times, signings, reading groups and talks at Waterstones are cancelled or postponed in order to prioritise the health of our customers and their families, and our booksellers. We look forward to welcoming you back to our events as soon as we can.
If you have any other queries not answered here you can find ways to get in touch with us here. Alternatively, please complete the below email contact form to contact our Customer Support Team:
Our Customer Support teams (available Monday - Friday between the hours of 9.00am - 5.30pm) are receiving a very high volume of emails, so it may take longer to respond than normal. Our Customer Support phone line is currently closed until further notice.
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?