The last Books Showoff of 2017
Thursday 23rd November 19:00 at London - Tottenham Court Road
Books Showoff will be once-again entirely-unintentionally blocking out our Popular Science section with a giant screen, for 2017’s final chaotic cabaret for literature lovers!
Join our favourite compere Steve Cross in the cosy basement bar for a cocktail-fuelled compilation of quickfire talks from a line-up of authors, researchers, podcasters, comedians and other book nerds. This month with an also-accidental sciencey-theme.
The line-up includes:
– Experimental psychologist Daniel Richardson, author of Man Vs Mind
– Materials expert, trumpet player and vegan Anna Ploszajski
– PhD student and comedian Sarah Jones
– Bee expert Joe Colgan
– Biologist and joke teller Dave Christensen trying to remember why he hates Ready Player One so much
– Palaeontologist Selina Groh explains the woes of a book lover
– Edd Bankes on the Joy of Gay Sex
Tickets are £7 and include a drink – make the most of the last event of the year, and the final Books Showoff as you know it, before it returns with a new format for 2018!
Book your ticket today
Terms & Conditions
Please note that events can occasionally be cancelled at short notice or their times or dates may alter; we therefore recommend that you check with the shop before travelling.
If you are unable to attend an event we can often reserve signed copies. Please contact the host shop for details. Reserved copies cannot be guaranteed and may not always carry dedications.
All signings (unless otherwise stated) operate on a first come first served basis, so early arrival is often recommended.