An Evening with Pete Townshend in Brighton
Thursday 7th November 19:00 at St George’s Church, St George’s Rd, Kemptown, Brighton, BN2 1ED
Author, singer and songwriter Pete Townshend will be in conversation about his debut novel, The Age of Anxiety. Pete will also take part in a short book signing following the event.
Tickets: £12 general admission or £32.00 including copy of The Age of Anxiety RRP £20 (booking fees included)
The Age of Anxiety is haunted by hallucinations and soundscapes; dealing with mythic themes including divine madness. Capturing the crazy and unpredictable nature of the music business, The Age of Anxiety showcases Townshend’s sharp sense of humour and ear for dialogue.
Townshend, one of the world’s greatest rock stars is best known as lead guitarist for The Who. Having sold over 100 million records, he has also worked as a literary editor, developed scripts for television and the stage; as well as committing his life to the arts.
Terms and conditions
- Tickets are available only via this page and Eventbrite.
- Tickets are non-transferable. Tickets re-sold via outside channels will be invalid.
- Customers purchasing the £32 ticket must be present at the event to receive their copy of The Age of Anxiety.
- Pete Townshend will be signing copies of The Age of Anxiety only. Strictly no additional merchandise will be signed.
- Due to time limitations, Pete will only be able to sign one book per ticket holder and there will be no posed photography. A member of the Waterstones team will be able to take photographs on your phone or camera as you are having your copy of The Age of Anxiety signed by Pete Townshend.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
St George’s Church, St George’s Rd, Kemptown, Brighton, BN2 1ED
Sorry you've missed this one - search more events here
Book your ticket today
Terms & Conditions
Please note that events can occasionally be cancelled at short notice or their times or dates may alter; we therefore recommend that you check with the shop before travelling.
If you are unable to attend an event we can often reserve signed copies. Please contact the host shop for details. Reserved copies cannot be guaranteed and may not always carry dedications.
All signings (unless otherwise stated) operate on a first come first served basis, so early arrival is often recommended.