We regret that due to the technical limitations of our site, we are unable to offer eBooks or Audio Downloads to customers outside of the UK.
For further details please read our eBooks help.
American Dietetic Association Complete Food and Nutrition Guide (eBook)Roberta Larson Duyff
A lifetime of sound, easy, and positive advice on healthy eating from the world's foremost authority on food and nutrition
This brand-new edition of the bestselling, award-winning American Dietetic Association Complete Food and Nutrition Guide offers the most up-to-date nutrition information for the whole family. It's packed with simple, practical tips and flexible guidelines designed to help you choose nutritious, flavorful, and convenient foods to suit your needs and lifestyle at any age. This fully revised guide features:
* The new Dietary Guidelines for Americans from USDA and USHHS, providing science-based advice on food choices and physical activity for your health
* New, helpful information about fitting fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and other nutrient-rich foods into your everyday meals and snacks
* Updated information on women's health and nutrition, from pregnancy to menopause, as well as heart disease, breast cancer, and more
* Food and lifestyle advice on preventing and managing health conditions (including metabolic syndrome, diabetes, cancer, and heart disease), on food-drug interactions, and on food allergies and intolerances (including gluten intolerance)
* The latest on food and water safety, how to protect against foodborne illness, and how to prepare for emergencies
* Help in making smart food choices in restaurants: fast-food, sit-down, and ethnic restaurants
* Smart vegetarian eating
* Facts about functional foods (soy, flaxseed, probiotics), phytonutrients (lycopene, isoflavones), omega-3s, and more
* The latest on eating and hydration for peak physical performance
* Up-to-date consumer information on food labeling, allergen labeling, and health claims
* Quick, easy ways to blend nutrition with great taste for your family table
* Help in finding reliable online nutrition information
American Dietetic Association Complete Food and Nutrition Guide has received the National Health Information Award and the National Federation of Press Women Award, among others.
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt