Brett Anderson Pre-order Competition
Competition closes on 28th February 2018
Coal Black Mornings is the brilliant, beautifully written memoir from Brett Anderson. It traces the journey that took him from a childhood on the grubby fringes of the Home Counties as ‘a snotty, sniffly, slightly maudlin sort of boy raised on Salad Cream and milky tea’ to becoming founder and lead singer of Suede. In it, Anderson brilliantly evokes the 70s, the suffocating discomfort of a very English kind of poverty and the burning need for escape that it breeds. He charts the shabby romance of creativity as he travelled the tube in search of inspiration, fuelled by Marmite and nicotine, and Suede’s rise from rehearsals in bedrooms, squats and pubs. And he catalogues the intense relationships that make and break bands, as well as the devastating loss of his mother.
To celebrate the release of Coal Black Mornings we've got ten sets of Brett Anderson goodies, all signed by the man himself, on offer for you.
Pre-order your copy of Coal Black Mornings before midnight on Wednesday 28 February to be in with the chance of winning a set of the below:
- ‘Mad Hatter Tea Party’ - A limited edition artist’s illustration of the band in their early days
- Suede 25th Anniversary Deluxe 4CD and DVD edition including b-sides, demos and previously unreleased material Plus 36 page book with new note by Brett Anderson, lyrics, ephemera and photos.
Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to the pre-order draw entitled Brett Anderson Pre-order Competition. Any Waterstones customer who pre-orders a copy of Coal Black Mornings by Brett Anderson (9781408710500) on Waterstones.com before midnight on 28 February 2018 will be automatically entered into the draw to win. Only one entry per person is allowed notwithstanding multiple or second or subsequent purchases of the Title.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over. Entrants must be residents of the UK, excluding Northern Ireland. This prize draw is not open to employees or contractors of the Promoter or their immediate families, nor to any other person connected with the pre-order draw.
- There will be 10 prize winners, who will (each) win ONE Mad Hatter print (a limited edition artist’s illustration of the band Suede) and ONE Suede 25th anniversary CD/DVD box set (“Prize”).
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the Prize or offer an alternative Prize of equivalent status. No cash alternative will be offered. The Prize is non-transferable.
- Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted and no feedback on any entry will be provided. The decision of the Promoter on all matters is final.
- A random draw supervised by the Promoter will take place within five working days of 01/03/2018 to select the winners. The Prize winners will be notified by telephone or email, and will need to respond by midnight within seven days of the date of contact. If a selected winner does not meet all of the necessary conditions or refuses the Prize, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
- By being entered into the draw, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by the Promoter (and in the case of there being more than one, each of them) without payment or compensation.
- The Promoter will make available the name and county of the winners to anyone who requests this information by writing to the following address 203-205 Piccadilly, London, W1J 9HD
- The Promoter may terminate, amend or withdraw this draw and/or these terms and conditions at any time.
- Entry to the pre-order draw is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions, which are governed by English Law. By entering this pre-order draw you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.