Bob Roth Pre-order Competition
Competition closed on 24th January 2018
Bob Roth is one of the world's most sought-after teachers of Transcendental Meditation – a highly effective form of meditation that goes beyond mindfulness to produce a deeper and long-lasting sense of peace. For nearly five decades, Bob Roth has helped bring Transcendental Meditation to millions of people around the world – in 35 countries across Europe, North and South America, Asia and Africa. Once a sceptic, he learned the art from Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, the foremost scientist of consciousness and meditation. Beautifully presented, Strength in Stillness is a simple, classic guide to calming your mind and body.
Pre-order your copy of Strength in Stillness before midnight on Wednesday 24 January to be in with a chance of winning:
- Two tickets to the book launch of Strength in Stillness in New York on February 6th
- A meet and greet with Both Roth, Jerry Seinfeld and Hugh Jackman
- A one hour consultation with Bob Roth
- A Transcendental Meditation course for one at your nearest TM centre in the UK
- Flights to New York and two nights' accommodation for two people in New York are also included.
Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to the pre-order draw entitled Strength in Stillness pre-order prize draw. Any Waterstones customer who pre-orders a copy of Strength in Stillness by Bob Roth (9781471161636) on Waterstones.com before midnight on Wednesday 24 January will be automatically entered into the draw to win. Only one entry per person is allowed notwithstanding multiple or second or subsequent purchases of the Title. Entries submitted after the closing date will be invalid.
- Entrants must be aged 16 or over - the Promoter may require the winner to provide proof of age. Entrants must be residents of the UK excluding Northern Ireland. This prize draw is not open to employees or contractors of the Promoter or their immediate families, nor to any other person connected with the pre-order draw.
- There will only be one winner who will win:
- Two (2) VIP Tickets to the launch party of the Book in New York City on 6 February 2018;
- Meet and greet with Bob Roth, Jerry Seinfeld and Hugh Jackman;
- Economy flights from the UK for two (2) adults;
- Two (2) night hotel accommodation for two (2) adults;
- One (1) hour consultation with Bob Rob; and
- One (1) TM course for one (1) adult at the winner’s nearest TM centre.
- The winning entrants must be able to travel to the launch party which will take place on 6 February 2018. The prize excludes travel insurance, food and drink, personal expenditure and incidental costs, other than where mentioned. Where appropriate, it is the responsibility of the winner to ensure they and their guest has a valid passport and to obtain any necessary visas and vaccinations before travelling. It is the responsibility of the winner to inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or similar access requirements for the winner and/or their companion when taking up the prize, and to adhere to any applicable health and safety guidelines.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the Prize in the event of an act of God or any other event outside the Promoter’s reasonable control or offer an alternative Prize of equivalent status. No cash alternative will be offered. The Prize is non-transferable.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted and no feedback on any entry will be provided. The decision of the Promoter on all matters is final.
- A random draw supervised by the Promoter will take place within two working days of 24/01/18 to select the winner(s). The Prize winner(s) will be notified by telephone or email, and will need to respond by midnight within three days of the date of contact. If a selected winner does not meet all of the necessary conditions or refuses the Prize, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
- By being entered into the draw, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes in all media carried out by the Promoter (and in the case of there being more than one, each of them) without payment or compensation.
- The Promoter will make available the name and county of the winners to anyone who requests this information by writing to the following address 203-205 Piccadilly, London, W1J 9HD
- The Promoter may terminate, amend or withdraw this draw and/or these terms and conditions at any time.
- Entry to the pre-order draw is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions, which are governed by English Law. By entering this pre-order draw you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms. The parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Waterstones Booksellers Limited (“Waterstones”) on behalf of itself and its associated companies in Ireland, The Netherlands and Belgium and SIMON & SCHUSTER (UK) LIMITED of 222 Gray’s Inn Road, London WC1X 8HB