We regret that due to the technical limitations of our site, we are unable to offer eBooks or Audio Downloads to customers outside of the UK.
For further details please read our eBooks help.
MArch Bonus Points Offer
This March get 100 bonus points on all books by Charles Cumming.
Charles Cumming was born in Scotland in 1971. He has been described as ‘the man who most successfully gets under the skin of Britain’s intelligence agencies’ (The Times). In the summer of 1995, he was approached for recruitment by Secret Intelligence Service (MI6). A year later he moved to Montreal where he began working on a novel based on his experiences with MI6. The result, A Spy by Nature, was published in 2001. In 2012, Charles won the CWA Ian Fleming Steel Dagger for Best Thriller and the Bloody Scotland Scottish Crime Book of the Year for A Foreign Country. A Colder War is his seventh novel.
‘Cumming was approached by MI6 in 1995, but became a writer instead. The security services’ loss is spy fiction’s gain’ - GQ
‘For those hungering for a new John le Carre, Charles Cumming has inherited the master’s mantle’ - Sunday Times
To get your bonus points, simply buy any eligible title from a Waterstones shop or on Waterstones.com during the given month and your points will be added automatically, subject to the terms and conditions below.
A Colder War
Charles Cumming introduces the plot of his latest spy thriller novel, A Colder War, and it's main character, the disgraced MI6 officer Thomas Kell brought in to investigate and catch an intelligence mole.
On the waterstones blog
It's the best news an author can get - your book has been optioned for a film. Yes! You can already picture the bright lights, glitzy red carpets and champagne cocktails.
But as Charles Cumming points out, more often than not what follows is a long round of the waiting game as your precious story is subject to the infamous 'development hell'. He should know. It's happened to him a number of times...
Terms and conditions
- To be eligible for the bonus points on the listed titles (stickered stock if the offer is available in shops) the books must be ordered on Waterstones.com or purchased in store by these dates:
- Charles Cumming, 1st - 31st March.
- To be eligible for bonus points on Waterstones.com, you will need to have a Waterstones Card, and that Card must be linked to your Waterstones.com account.
- Click & Collect orders collected after these dates will not be eligible.
- Your standard and bonus points will be automatically added to your Card account within 72 hours of your selected item being dispatched (provided this is within three months of purchase). In shops your standard and bonus points will be applied immediately at the till point.
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- Offer subject to availability.
- Offer excludes purchases of these titles in eBook, audiobook or downloadable audiobook form, or those made via Waterstones Marketplace or partner sites.
- Prices on Waterstones.com are online only, and may differ from Waterstones shops.
- This offer is applicable to the listed titles only and works in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions of the Waterstones Card scheme.