"When everybody zigs, zag," says author Marty Neumeier in this fresh view of brand strategy. ZAG follows the ultra-clear "whiteboard overview" style of Neumeier's first book, THE BRAND GAP, but drills deeper into the question of how brands can harness the power of differentiation. The author argues that in an extremely cluttered marketplace, traditional differentiation is no longer enough-today companies need "radical differentiation" to create lasting value for their shareholders and customers. In an entertaining 3-hour read you'll learn:
- why me-too brands are doomed to fail
- how to "read" customer feedback on new products and messages
- the 17 steps for designing "difference" into your brand
- how to turn your brand's "onliness" into a "trueline" to drive synergy
- the secrets of naming products, services, and companies
- the four deadly dangers faced by brand portfolios
- how to "stretch" your brand without breaking it
- how to succeed at all three stages of the competition cycle
For a quick peek inside ZAG, go to www.zagbook.com.
Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
Number of pages: 192
Weight: 314 g
Dimensions: 203 x 137 x 13 mm
"Each of [Neumeier's] books is excellent, but ZAG is revolutionary."
- JACK COVERT AND TODD SATTERSTEN, FROM THE 100 BEST BUSINESS BOOKS OF ALL TIME
"You already know that this book has the best title of any marketing book in a generation. What you don't know is the details of the Intrusiveness Death Spiral and what to do about it. This little book ought to help. A lot."
- SETH GODIN, AUTHOR OF SMALL IS THE NEW BIG
"Here's a practical field guide on how to create and grow a world-class brand, so no more excuses-read it now and start zagging."
- KIP KNIGHT, MARKETING VICE PRESIDENT, EBAY
"The revolution needs passion, imagination, and a dangerous handbook. Here
it is, born in the trenches yet written with enough verve and imagination to get you out of them-fast."
- BRIAN COLLINS, EXECUTIVE CREATIVE DIRECTOR, OGILVY
"A big idea surrounded by 17 practical steps and presented in a delightful style. The presentation alone is worth the price of the book."
- DAVID A. AAKER, VICE CHAIRMAN, PROPHET, AUTHOR OF BRAND PORTFOLIO STRATEGY
"Awesome book-even better than THE BRAND GAP. It arrived at my desk like a familiar but new friend."
- ROD SWANSON, DIRECTOR OF BRAND INTEGRATION, ELECTRONIC ARTS
"There are two strategy choices: Do what everyone else is doing, only better, cheaper, or faster. Or do something different and truly distinctive. Marty Neumeier offers essential insights into how to do the latter."
- PROF. RON SANCHEZ, COPENHAGEN BUSINESS SCHOOL, CO-AUTHOR OF THE NEW STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
"ZAG is the new GPS for marketers. Clear, crisp directions for building strong brands and keeping them fresh and relevant. Read it before your competition does and stay one zag ahead."
- GARY ELLIOTT, VP BRAND MARKETING, HEWLETT-PACKARD
"Never has one author jammed so many good ideas into so few pages as Marty Neumeier has."
- AL RIES, AUTHOR OF THE ORIGIN OF BRANDS
"It is part manifesto, part practical handbook, and you can read it between LaGuardia and Logan."