from 2 Hours* Last Christmas
delivery dates Free UK Standard Delivery On all orders over £25 Order in time for Christmas 18th December by 1pm 2nd Class |
20th December by 1pm 1st Class Free Click & Collect From 2 hours after you order*
Bestselling author Margaret Rooke brings together the stories of fifty teenagers who have taken action to shape our world into a better place in this truly inspirational and empowering collection.
This inspirational book tells the stories of more than 50 of today's teenagers who've dared to change the world they live in. It's been written to show other teens they can do the same. Bestselling author Margaret Rooke asks teens about their experiences of being volunteers, social entrepreneurs and campaigners, online and beyond. They explain how they have survived in a world often obsessed by celebrity, social media and appearance, by refusing to conform to other's expectations.
If you want to achieve against the odds and create genuine impact, this book may be the encouragement you need. The interviews cover race, sexuality, violence, grief, neurodiversity, bullying and other issues central to life today.
Read about teens from around the world including:
- Dillon, 18, who takes damaged and donated clothing and upcycles it for the homeless
- Guro, 13, who persuaded a pop band to portray women differently in its video
- 'Happy D', 19, who learned to read at 14 and found ways to build his confidence
- Heraa, 19, who fights Islamophobia online.
- Ruben, 18, bullied because of Down's Syndrome, now a successful actor
- Lucy who, at 14, walked into Tesco head office and persuaded them not to sell eggs from caged hens.
- Cameron, 17, who has cerebral palsy and was side-lined by soccer teams who set up his own team 'Adversity United'
- Alex, 18, who broke his back on his 15th birthday and says his injury has taught him to care for others
- Amika, 18, who fights 'Period Poverty'
- Jesse, 15, who's seven feet tall and embraces his stature
- Billy, 18, who wore full make up every day at high school
Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
Number of pages: 320
Weight: 356 g
Dimensions: 216 x 138 x 32 mm
'As education editor of The Sunday Times I am fed up with hearing about Generation Snowflake. Here at last is a book that disproves that label. I loved reading these stories of 50 teenagers who have literally changed the world for the better through their efforts. Hurrah for the next generation - Generation Sunshine!' - Sian Griffiths, Education and Families Editor, The Sunday Times
You may also be interested in...
“Fifty stories of teenagers who changed the world”
The title really reveals the message of this book - it features the stories of those who, as teenagers, changed some element of the world around them. Some of the contributors are still young, even as young as... More
“Great book for kids!”
I received a free copy of the book for review purposes in my role as a children's writer; however, I also reviewed it as a parent, too, and what a read it was. Fifty-two sets of testimony taken from teenagers and... More
Please sign in to write a review
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?