The Years of ... series provides core coverage of events in British and European History.
- strong and accessible narrative written by experienced teachers
- a comprehensive selection of visual and written source material
- extensive student guidance sections which develop student understanding of exam techniques
- discussion points within the text
- 'stepped' exercises which promote understanding of the topics and issues.
Years of Russia, the USSR and the Collapse of Soviet Communism
This title is a new edition of 'Years of Russia and the USSR', which charts Russian history from the reign of Alexander II through to the eventual fall of communism and the break up of the Soviet Union. It examines the political, social and economic impact of Nicholas II's reign, the First World War and the subsequent revolution. It then goes on to look at Bolshevik and Stalinist Russia before going on to discuss Khrushchev's policy of de-Stalinisation and the years of stagnation and reform.
This new edition has been updated to ensure full support of the revised History A Level specifications and expanded to include complete coverage of the collapse of Soviet Communism. It also includes a new section on advice on answering synoptic questions.
Publisher: Hodder Education
Number of pages: 496
Weight: 1042 g
Dimensions: 245 x 191 x 23 mm
Edition: 2nd Revised edition
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review