from 2 Hours* Last Christmas
delivery dates Free UK Standard Delivery On all orders over £25 Order in time for Christmas 19th December 2nd Class |
21st December by 3pm 1st Class Free Click & Collect to shops From 2 hours after you order*
LEARN HOW TO WRITE A NOVEL AND RELEASE IT INTO THE WORLD
There is a saying that 'everyone has a book in them'. But not many people are able to get it out. This practical and inspiring guide will help guide you through every step of the process, including:
- First thoughts - Why do you want to write, and how can you do it?
- Genres - Understanding the conventions of writing
- Generating ideas - Find a concept that makes your book stand out
- Structure - Create a compelling story arc
- Character - What you need to bring your characters to life
- Dialogue - How to write snappy and suitable direct speech
- Setting - Understand the role of place and time
- Drafting - How to get your work on the page, chapter after chapter
- Redrafting - How to assess your writing (or get it assessed) and improve it
- Submission - Agents, publishers, and how to approach them
- Publication - Working with your publisher to make your book a success
ABOUT THE SERIES
The Teach Yourself Creative Writing series helps aspiring authors tell their story. Covering a range of genres from science fiction and romantic novels, to illustrated children's books and comedy, this series is packed with advice, exercises and tips for unlocking creativity and improving your writing. And because we know how daunting the blank page can be, we set up the Just Write online community at tyjustwrite, for budding authors and successful writers to connect and share.
Publisher: John Murray Press
Number of pages: 224
Weight: 188 g
Dimensions: 197 x 130 x 17 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?