Windows ® 8.1 IN DEPTH
Do more in less time!
Experienced with Windows? Don't let Windows 8.1 make you feel like a beginner again! This book is
packed with intensely useful knowledge you won't find anywhere else. Full of new tips and shortcuts,
it's the fastest, best way to master Windows 8.1's full power, get comfortable with its radically
different interface, and leverage its new tools for everything from business to video, security to
* Take a quick guided tour of everything that's new in Windows 8.1
* Survive without the Start menu
* Navigate the Windows 8.1 interface (and customize it to make yourself more comfortable)
* Learn hidden shortcuts you'd never find on your own
* Quickly locate and use files, media, apps, websites and management tools
* Set up your Web connection, and discover Internet Explorer 11's latest improvements
* Get comfortable with Windows 8.1's built-in apps, from Calendar and Finance to Weather and Windows Store
* Save time by monitoring Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn through one unified app
* Make the most of Windows' supercharged media and imaging tools
* Profit from Windows' built-in support for business presentations
* Maximize the performance and efficiency of hardware, storage, and software
* Protect yourself from viruses, spyware, data theft, fraud, spam, hackers, and snoops
* Use SkyDrive to access your data from anywhere-and use Remote Desktop to access your computer, too
* Get even more power with Windows 8.1's command-line interface
* Use Hyper-V to run other operating systems alongside Windows
* Troubleshoot the most common Windows 8.1's problems-and the toughest ones
In Depth offers:
* Comprehensive coverage, with detailed solutions
* Breakthrough techniques and shortcuts that are unavailable elsewhere
* Practical, real-world examples with nothing glossed over or left out
* Troubleshooting help for tough problems you can't fix on your own
* Outstanding authors recognized worldwide for their expertise and teaching styles
* Quick information via sidebars, tips, reminders, notes, and warnings
In Depth is the only tool you need to get more done in less time!
CATEGORY: Windows Operating System
COVERS: Microsoft ® Windows 8.1
Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
Number of pages: 1200
Weight: 1592 g
Dimensions: 229 x 180 x 52 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Alternatively, for multiple items you may find it easier to add to basket, then pay online and collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.