Why would an all-good and all-powerful God create a world full of pain and suffering? In WHY SUFFERING? Ravi Zacharias and Vince Vitale carefully walk you through a variety of responses that considered cumulatively provide a clear, comprehensive, and convincing answer. Responses like:
- The good in the world would be lost if we lost the possibility of the bad.
- The creation of a world without suffering would have meant our probable nonexistence.
- The cross is the key to a compelling and rational explanation for trust in God in the face of the worst kind of suffering.
- In comparison with other world religions, the Christian response is distinctive.
- A good creator can allow suffering if he also provides the sustaining power to stand against it.
- Relational knowledge about God takes the argument beyond reason to the presence of God amidst suffering.
- God's decision to allow temporal suffering makes sense in light of an eternal perspective.
- Divine goodness shows how to conquer not in spite of, but even through suffering.
Here is a book written with great respect for the complexity of the issue, recognizing that some who read it will be in the trenches of deep suffering themselves and others in a faith crisis about the very existence of a loving God. WHY SUFFERING? provides an answer to the problem of pain and suffering with emotional sensitivity and intellectual integrity.
Publisher: Time Warner Trade Publishing
Number of pages: 240
Weight: 298 g
Dimensions: 228 x 158 x 17 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review