A riveting expose of child abuse in America and how the newest breed of pediatricians determines what happened, why, and at whose hands.
* Explains how signs of abuse can be missed by professionals, community members, and even family members
* Includes interviews and insights from more than two dozen child abuse pediatricians
* Addresses physical, sexual, and emotional abuse, including abuse by neglect and abuse due to Munchausen syndrome by proxy
* Details how cases can go wrong in court rooms when confuscation by defense attorneys overpowers evidence brought to court by child abuse pediatricians
* Offers ideas for stemming the tide of child abuse
Number of pages: 167