Sunny, Vol. 3 - Sunny 3 (Hardback)Taiyo Matsumoto (author)
- Temporarily unavailable
Stay one step ahead and let us notify you when this item is next available to order
We will contact you when this item is next available to order.
What is Sunny? Sunny is a car. Sunny is a car you take on a drive with your mind. It takes you to the place of your dreams. Sunny is the story of beating the odds, in the ways that count. It's the brand-new masterwork from Eisner Award-winner Taiyo Matsumoto, one of Japan's most innovative and acclaimed manga artists.
Translated by Tekkonkinkreet film director Michael Arias!
Releases one time a year for 3+ volumes. Series is ongoing.
* Volume 1 release coincided with Matsumoto's appearance as a Featured Guest at the Toronto Comic and Arts Festival (TCAF) in May 2013.
* VIZ sponsored panels and signings alongside the "The World of Taiyo Matsumoto" gallery show.
* Matsumoto is one of the most internationally acclaimed graphic novel artists at work today.
* The release of Sunny has already garnered attention from both industry and general press.
* "Matsumoto deftly weaves a sense of longing and sadness into even the most chaotic scenes, and readers are drawn into the lives of children struggling to be themselves in a world that doesn't want them." - Publisher's Weekly
* "[Matsumoto draws] in a style that's an evolutionary step of manga." -Giant Robot magazine
* "[Matsumoto's] approach [is] unlike any other modern Japanese, or American, cartoonist. His work stands out from among his peers' like a weedy, spindly B&W giant." -Paul Pope, creator of Batman: Year 100
* Featured on cover of Publisher's Weekly June 17, 2013 issue
* Hardcover great for libraries and collectors
Publisher: Viz Media, Subs. of Shogakukan Inc
Number of pages: 216
Weight: 419 g
Dimensions: 210 x 146 x 18 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Alternatively, for multiple items you may find it easier to add to basket, then pay online and collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.