This package includes a physical copy of University Physics with Modern Physics, Technology Update, Thirteenth Edition by Young/Freedman as well as access to the eText and Mastering Physics.
University Physics with Modern Physics, Technology Update, Thirteenth Edition continues to set the benchmark for clarity and rigor combined with effective teaching and research-based innovation.
The Thirteenth Edition Technology Update contains QR codes throughout the textbook, enabling students to use their smartphone or tablet to instantly watch interactive videos about relevant demonstrations or problem-solving strategies.
University Physics is known for its uniquely broad, deep, and thoughtful set of worked examples-key tools for developing both physical understanding and problem-solving skills. The Thirteenth Edition revises all the Examples and Problem-solving Strategies to be more concise and direct while maintaining the Twelfth Edition's consistent, structured approach and strong focus on modeling as well as math. To help students tackle challenging as well as routine problems, the Thirteenth Edition adds Bridging Problems to each chapter, which pose a difficult, multiconcept problem and provide a skeleton solution guide in the form of questions and hints.
The text's rich problem sets-developed and refined over six decades-are upgraded to include larger numbers of problems that are biomedically oriented or require calculus. The problem-set revision is driven by detailed student-performance data gathered nationally through MasteringPhysics ®, making it possible to fine-tune the reliability, effectiveness, and difficulty of individual problems.
Complementing the clear and accessible text, the figures use a simple graphic style that focuses on the physics. They also incorporate explanatory annotations-a technique demonstrated to enhance learning.
MyLab and Mastering from Pearson improve results for students and educators. Used by over ten million students, they effectively engage learners at every stage.
Through its immersive content and engaging tools, Mastering has helped students make strides in learning for over 10 years. "The average mark is approximately 10% higher than it was previously. Furthermore the failure rate has decreased significantly - from 32% to 5-14% in recent years." - Marion Birch and Niels Walet, University of Manchester, UK.
With MasteringPhysics, students gain knowledge that they will use throughout their lives, and universities gain a partner deeply committed to helping students and educators achieve their goals.
* Pearson eText gives you access to an eBook that can be used on the go, and allows you to highlight, search and take notes as you read online. Access to the eBook depends on the package you have bought.
* You can work through the problems at your own pace, opening hints if you need help. If you make an error, you are given feedback based on that specific mistake so you can learn from it.
* ActivePhysics Applets simulations help you to understand why physics is relevant in the real world.
* PhET simulations let you to get hands on to understand how the theory and daily life link up. These fun, interactive, research-based simulations of physical phenomena come from the PhET ™ project at the University of Colorado.
* Online assignments, tests, quizzes can be easily created and assigned to students.
* Gradebook: Assignments are automatically graded and visible at a glance.
Register now to benefit from these resources.
A student access code card is included with your textbook at a reduced cost. To register with your code, visit www.masteringphysics.com.
For educator access, contact your Pearson account manager. To find out who your account manager is, visit www.pearsoned.co.uk/replocator
For more instructor resources available with this title, visit www.pearsoned.co.uk
Publisher: Pearson Education Limited
Weight: 3026 g
Dimensions: 275 x 215 x 53 mm
Edition: Pearson New International Ed
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review