- We can order this
AJAX: fast mastery for experienced Web developers!
Already an experienced Web developer? Apply your skills in today's fastest-growing area of Web development: AJAX!
Building on what you already know, this fast-paced guide will show you exactly how to create rich, usable Internet applications. Joshua Eichorn teaches through sophisticated code examples, including extensive server-side PHP code.
You won't just learn how to code AJAX applications: Eichorn covers the entire development lifecycle, from use cases and design through debugging. He also presents detailed application case studies, including a start-to-finish update of a non-AJAX application that addresses everything from feature improvements to changing usage patterns. Coverage includes:
* How AJAX changes the conventional Web development cycle
* Problems created by the AJAX paradigm -- and how to avoid them
* Adding AJAX to existing Web applications: key considerations
* Using core AJAX technologies, including the XMLHttpRequest object
* Consuming data returned to an AJAX application using both XSLT and JSON
* Building more usable AJAX applications: guidelines and downloadable resources
* Use cases: solving real-world problems in the AJAX environment
* Libraries and toolkits for simplifying AJAX development, including Sarissa, scriptaculous, and HTML_AJAX
* A complete guide to AJAX debugging
* Supporting browsers without XMLHttpRequest by using IFrames or cookies
* JSON data encoding debugging guide, which covers tools for Firefox and Internet Explorer
* A list of libraries, which includes PHP, .NET, Java, and other libraries that can be used with any server language
Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
Number of pages: 352
Weight: 732 g
Dimensions: 231 x 182 x 24 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review