Uncle John's iFlush: Hurtling Thru History Bathroom Reader For Kids Only! - For Kids Only (Paperback)Patrick Merrell (author)
- Not available
Fresh (or not so fresh) from swimming through the sewers of science, our charming host--Dwayne, the rat--hurtles into history for more Interpipe Adventures. What's the Interpipe? We're glad you asked! Copying how computers have been connected to form the Internet, four mad-scientist-plumbers (Plumb Bob, Phyllis Tanks, P. Liddy, and Portia Potty) linked the world's sewer lines together to create the Interpipe. Next, the Four P's created a waterproof device called the iSwirl that can be used to travel back in time with a mere flush of the toilet! Finally, Uncle John found a world-famous puzzle maker to chronicle every Interpipe adventure, and the rest is iFlush history!
Here's how it works:
* Every page is packed with the kind of amazing true stories and fantastic factoids readers expect from Uncle John's Bathroom Readers FOR KIDS ONLY.
* Readers use clues in the history-filled stories and factoids to solve puzzles.
* Once a puzzle is solved, Dwayne, our ratty host, flushes himself through the Interpipe to take readers to their next historical destination.
* The ingenious iSwirl adds a twist by giving readers a choice: solve the puzzle and turn the page, or jump through time to the next historical adventure.
What will readers discover as they hurtle through history?
* President Grover Cleveland's Rubber Jaw,
* The Cheating Cheaters Who Cheated During the 1904 Tour de France
(tacks on the road...riders at gunpoint...bikers hopping trains),
* Hart Island: The Creepiest Place in New York City,
* Who Stole the Great Bell of Dhammazedi?
(The world's biggest bell!),
* Picnickers Watching Civil War Battles,
* Missile Mail! Courtesy of the U.S. Postal Service, and
...much, much, more!
It's a brain-building, fun-filled journey through history. Just hold your nose, dive in, and say, "iFlush! Do you?"
Publisher: Advantage Publishers Group
Number of pages: 96
Weight: 429 g
Dimensions: 235 x 184 x 13 mm
"iFlush: Swimming in Science does for science what iFlush: Hurtling Thru History does for history. If that makes any sense to you whatsoever, you're the perfect customer for these books!" -- JOHN FICARRA, MAD magazine editor
"Cool, fun and visually engaging. Good puzzles for all ages." -- WILL SHORTZ, The New York Times crossword puzzle editor, NPR puzzle master
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review