Uncle John's Bathroom Reader WISE UP!: An Elevating Collection of Quick Facts and Incredible Curiosities (Paperback)Bathroom Readers' Institute (author)
- Publisher out of stock
Is there any other single book in the universe with this many awesome tidbits of bite-sized information? Nope. And that's a fact! At nearly 400 pages (with a handy index for your fact-seeking convenience), Wise Up! is a must-have for anyone who likes their information on the go. It's organized into hundreds of topics--everything from sports and entertainment to word origins and science. Here are but a few of the facts awaiting you:
* More women than men talk to their cars.
* The melody for Nat King Cole's 1954 hit "Smile" was composed by Charlie Chaplin.
* Acid rain was first identified and named in 1852.
* What is your buccal cavity? Your mouth.
* There are no skunks in Newfoundland.
* The average Super Bowl party has 18 people.
* When dropped in water, a fresh egg will sink; a stale one won't.
* The average newborn baby spends 113 minutes a day crying.
* Pepper was so valuable during Elizabethan times that it was sold by the grain.
* Fossilized termite farts have been preserved in amber.
And thousands more!
Publisher: Advantage Publishers Group
Number of pages: 416
Weight: 553 g
Dimensions: 210 x 140 x 28 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review