Ultimate Weird but True!: 1,000 Wild & Wacky Facts and Photos - Weird But True (Hardback)National Geographic (author)
- In stock online
This supersized, hardcover addition to the blockbuster Weird But True series, Ultimate Weird But True is packed 1,000 amazing facts and eye-popping photos that prove truth really is stranger than fiction. With a colourful, metallic cover, a kid-friendly design, and a wacky sense of humour, this stunning book will give kids a winning combination of smarts and fun.
Did you know that a great white shark can weigh as much as 15 gorillas, that you drink the same water as the dinosaurs did, or that there's a car that drives underwater?
Flip through these boldly-designed pages and you'll find hundreds of snack-size stories about weird animals, space vacations, wacky inventions, freaky weather, amazing feats, wild extreme sports, and more. You'll discover:
* A real-life Spider-Man man who scales skyscrapers with his bare hands
* A fish that plays soccer
* A $150,000 diamond-studded cupcake
* A man who makes himself invisible
* An upside-down house
* A hotel shaped like a giant beagle
* Tornadoes of fire
* A mouse that hitched a ride on a frog's back
* A dog that can read
* A motorcycle shaped like hamburger
* A 13-foot-tall pink poodle
* Millions of red crabs
* A white alligator
* A robot that can do your grocery shopping, and much more...
* Plus, cool illustrations, and "Ultimate Secret Revealed" features that explain the strange truth behind the most mind-bending facts, such as how it's possible to convert peanut butter into a diamond and how frogs can fall from the sky
Publisher: National Geographic Kids
Number of pages: 192
Weight: 1150 g
Dimensions: 314 x 244 x 18 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review