Triumphs and Tragedies of the Modern Congress: Case Studies in Legislative Leadership (Hardback)Maxmillian Angerholzer (editor), James Kitfield (editor), Christopher P. Lu (editor), Norman Ornstein (editor), David M. Abshire (author of contributions)
- We can order this
Published in partnership with the Center for the Study of the Presidency and Congress, this book offers insightful examinations of congressional success and failure from the New Deal to today by leading political scholars and journalists. This analysis identifies lessons learned throughout history relevant to present and future politics.
* Offers compelling analysis of congressional policy and decision-making that enables readers to understand the potential impact on future politics
* Analyzes congressional relations with the executive branch, including power balance, successes, and points of conflict with the White House
* Addresses major domestic programs from the New Deal through No Child Left Behind
* Includes National Security and foreign policy case studies from World War II through the post-9/11 world as well as short biographies of Congress' most influential leaders
* Examines Congress' greatest spheres of influence and how these have changed over the years and considers how major congressional battles arose, were reconciled, and had lasting effects
Number of pages: 416
Weight: 871 g
Dimensions: 239 x 161 x 32 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review