from 2 Hours* Last Christmas
delivery dates Free UK Standard Delivery On all orders over £25 Order in time for Christmas 18th December by 1pm 2nd Class |
20th December by 1pm 1st Class Free Click & Collect From 2 hours after you order*
Theology: The Basic Readings (Paperback)Alister E. McGrath (editor)
This highly successful and popular book is now available in a thoroughly expanded and updated new edition. Alister E. McGrath, one of the world’s leading theologians, provides readers with a concise and balanced introduction to Christianity as it has been interpreted by many of its greatest thinkers and commentators, from its beginning to the modern day.
Theology: The Basic Readings, 3rd Edition comprises sixty-eight readings spanning twenty centuries of Christian history. To help readers engage with the material, each reading is accompanied by an introduction, comments, study questions, and a helpful glossary of terms used by its author.
- Readings are drawn from a broad theological spectrum and include both historical and contemporary, mainstream, and cutting-edge approaches
- Uses the Apostles’ Creed as a framework to introduce readers to writings on key issues, such as faith, God, Jesus, creation, and salvation
- Represents two thousand years of sustained critical reflection within western Christianity
- Encourages readers to interact with each text and to engage with primary sources
- Serves as an ideal companion to the bestselling, Theology: The Basics or as a standalone text
Theology: The Basic Readings, 3rd Edition is an essential guide to the topics, themes, controversies, and reflections on Christianity as they have been understood by many of its greatest commentators.
Publisher: John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Number of pages: 288
Weight: 295 g
Dimensions: 213 x 140 x 20 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?