- We can order this
* Accelerating development with external libraries and proven patterns
* Managing browser differences between IE, Firefox, and Chrome
* Creating INTERACTIVE FICTION "gamebooks" that leverage new CSS3 features and impress.js
* Building PARTY games around the lightweight atom.js engine
* Developing PUZZLE games with the easel.js graphics rendering engine
* Writing PLATFORMERS with melon.js and its integrated tilemap editor
* Coding intense 2-player FIGHTING games for web browsers with game.js
* Building a SPACE SHOOTER with the jQuery-based gameQuery game engine
* Implementing pseudo-3D techniques like ray casting for an FPS (First Person Shooter) style game
* Producing a 16 bit RPG (Role Playing Game) complete with interfaces for dialog, inventories, and turn-based battles with enchant.js
* Building an isometric RTS (Real Time Strategy) game that incorporates server components along with node.js, socket.io, and crafty.js
* Engaging players with content that encourages exploration
Turn to The Web Game Developer's Cookbook for proven, expert answers-and the code you need to implement them. It's all you need to jumpstart any web game project!
Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
Number of pages: 368
Weight: 580 g
Dimensions: 226 x 178 x 23 mm
"The Web Game Developer's Cookbook is a fun hands-on introduction both to building games and to web technologies. Learning through making is an empowering, exciting first step."
"It is not only a book about libraries: it teaches how web pages work, how games work, and how to put everything together. Study one, learn three: best deal ever."
-Francesco "KesieV" Cottone
Web Alchemist, and Technical Advisor at Vidiemme Consulting
"A wonderful overview of the HTML5 Game Development landscape, covering a wide range of tools and 10 different game genres."
Author of Professional Mobile HTML5 Game Development
"With a friendly and reassuring tone, Burchard breaks down some of the most well-known gaming genres into their basic ingredients. The Web Game Developer's Cookbook transforms a seemingly daunting task into an approachable crash course even for those who've never written a line of code before."
-Jason Tocci, Ph.D.
Writer, Designer, and Researcher
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review