The Times Britain's Hidden Railways: A Journey Along 50 Long-Lost Railway Lines (Hardback)Julian Holland (author)
- In stock online
- Free UK delivery
Follow the routes of 50 long-closed and derelict railways across some of our most beautiful countryside and discover the hidden railways of Britain.
Each route is highlighted on historical Bartholomew's mapping, showing which parts can still be followed today. The carefully researched text is accompanied by historical photographs showing each line in operation prior to its closure, as well as specially commissioned images from the present day.
* Yatton to Witham - Strawberry Line
* Crab & Winkle Line - Canterbury to Whitstable
* Jersey railway - St Helier to La Corbiere
* Mawddach Trail - Barmouth to Dolgellau
* South Tyne Trail - Haltwhistle to Alston
* Dava Way - Forres to Aviemore
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Number of pages: 272
Weight: 1320 g
Dimensions: 282 x 219 x 23 mm