- Professionals can be trained in the program and its methods
- Translates scientific knowledge so that practitioners and parents can easily understand the current state of knowledge
- Offers strategies that can be tailored to an individual's unique developmental and functional level
- Advises parents on how to become involved in all phases of intervention as collaborators, co-therapists, and advocates.
- Details how the program can be introduced and adapted for individuals of all ages, from preschooler to adult
Publisher: Springer-Verlag New York Inc.
Number of pages: 212
Weight: 434 g
Dimensions: 254 x 178 x 12 mm
Edition: Softcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 200
From the reviews:
"Treatment and Education of Autistic and Related Communication Handicapped Children (TEACCH) is a state wide system for assisting and supporting people with autism spectrum disorders and their families ... . The TEACCH Approach to Autism Spectrum Disorders is an interesting book in that it provides a comprehensive overview of the approach. Educators and parents can acquire useful information ... that will assist their effort to teach and deal with students with autism. The book provides specific intervention strategies for the parents of autistic children." (Fawzy Ebrahim, PsycCRITIQUES, Vol. 51 (8), 2006)
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review