While most people associate testosterone with men, it's one of the most vital hormones in women, and one of the first hormones that women begin to lose as they enter their 40s. Women approaching midlife are plagued with insomnia, fatigue, depression, forgetfulness, low libido and a general sense of malaise. But Dr Kathy Maupin knows that it doesn't have to be this way. In the process of overcoming her own hormonal imbalance, Dr Maupin has identified a debilitating and largely unknown health condition that is affecting millions of women: testosterone deficiency.
In The Secret Female Hormone, Dr Maupin and therapist Brett Newcomb bring vital information about testosterone to the general public for the first time as they share the latest research on testosterone replacement therapy and its effects. Speaking in clear and practical terms, they show readers how to find the right treatment plan for their individual needs. Discover:
* Shocking information on the long-term effects and risks factors of testosterone loss
* Common myths and misconceptions regarding hormone replacement therapy
* Questionnaires throughout to help readers determine their individual needs
* Tips for dealing with mood swings, changes in sex drive and maintaining healthy relationships
* Real patient stories that help you find the right prescription for your individual needs.
Publisher: Hay House UK Ltd
Number of pages: 320
Weight: 484 g
Dimensions: 229 x 155 x 25 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?