The School Governors Handbook has been the most definitive and widely read book on the subject since it was first published in 1980. Written by Ted Wragg and John Partington, two of the most respected experts in the field, one of its' great strengths has always been its mixture of up-to-date authoritative information and humour. In this third edition, all sections of the book have been substantially revised to take account of the many changes in governors' duties that have been brought about by recent legislation.
As governors rarely receive any specific training for their important role, this book is an essential guide to the legal and practical aspects of governorship. Sections cover:
* recent legislative changes in funding and school management
* opting out
* governors responsibilities, including budgets, staffing and drawing up whole school policies
* how to run effective governors meetings
* curriculum and assessment issues
* school inspections
* how to manage difficult situations, including child abuse, discipline, equal opportunities and pupil exclusions
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Number of pages: 188
Weight: 363 g
Dimensions: 235 x 159 x 14 mm
Edition: 3rd New edition
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review