The Rough Guide to Berlin (Travel Guide with Free eBook) - Rough Guides (Paperback)Rough Guides (author)
- Coming soon
The Rough Guide to Berlin
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover Berlin with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to tour the city's sights in a Trabant, sample currywurst after a night out with local hipsters or soak up the many extraordinary monuments to key 20th century history, The Rough Guide to Berlin will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Berlin:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Berlin
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Mitte, Kreuzberg and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the evocative ruined church of Kaiser-Wilhem-Gedachtniskirche, a reminder of the destructiveness of war, and the remains of the Berlin Wall at the stark Gedenkstatte Berliner Mauer
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of the best sights and top experiences to be found including the Reichstag, the East Side Gallery and Museum Island
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into Berlin, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers: Unter den Linden and around, Museum Island and around, Alexanderplatz and around, Spandauer Vorstadt, Potsdamer Platz and Tiergarten, City West and Schoneberg, Kreuzberg-Friedrichshain, Neukolln and around, Prenzlauer Berg and around, the eastern suburbs, the western suburbs, Out of the city
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to Germany, The Rough Guide to Switzerland, The Rough Guide to Paris
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.
Publisher: APA Publications
Number of pages: 328
Edition: 12th Revised edition
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?