The Republic: Plato - Philosophy in Focus (Paperback)Jeremy Hayward (author)
- Not available
This book provides an accessible, readable, student-centred guide to Plato's Republic which is a set text for AQA AS Philosophy.
Through lucid explanation, careful use of modern examples and engaging activities it leads students towards deeper understanding of Plato's arguments and the wider philosophical implications of his ideas.
Key features include:
- a biographical introduction setting The Republic in its historical context
- a step-by-step guide through the text of The Republic including key quotes
- tasks and activities to stimulate thought and help readers understand and evaluate Plato's philosophy
- a critical analysis of the philosophical implications of Plato's ideas
- end-of-chapter key point summaries covering what readers need to know to answer exam questions on The Republic
- an extensive glossary of key words and ideas
- thorough referencing to enable students to follow up key ideas and quotes in independent study
Publisher: Hodder Education
Number of pages: 192
Weight: 372 g
Dimensions: 243 x 175 x 12 mm