The Professional Communications Toolkit (Paperback)
  • The Professional Communications Toolkit (Paperback)

The Professional Communications Toolkit (Paperback)

Paperback Published: 14/02/2007
  • Can be ordered from our supplier

Delivered within 2 weeks

  • This item has been added to your basket

Check Marketplace availability

Professional Communication Handbook is filled with practical, research-based techniques that will immediately make the reader a better communicator. Not just a book on ohow to make a speecho or ohow to write a business letter.o Professional Communication Handbook presents a compelling, new vision of communication that offers little known and amazingly effective techniques for the novice speaker and stage-savvy pro alike. People get only 10% of your meaning from the words you say. What about the other 90%? YouA ll know how to manage that all-important 90% because Whalen bypasses traditional ospeech-class body-language-centered trainingo and its focus on the speakerA s gestures and tone of voice. Instead, youA ll learn a more practical system of communication trainingA'one modeled on how top professionals in business, medicine, advertising, and finance speak, lead, and persuade. Electronic Communication: Today people tiptoe through communication landmines: voicemail, e-mail, and PowerPoint presentations. YouA ll learn to maximize your e-mail and voicemailA s communication impact by using techniques favored by advertising wizards and broadcasters.Whalen gives step-by-step instructions for building high-impact PowerPoint slidesA'without falling into the trap of relying on its bells and whistles. See how you can use tables and graphs to deliver your ideas and communicate. The Professional Communication Handbook is a comprehensive professional communications handbook written by one of the worldA s foremost authorities on business communication. WhalenA s methods apply perfectly to all professional communication, whether itA s one-on-one conversations, or speaking at small staff meetings, or delivering a keynote address to a ballroom full of people.

Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
ISBN: 9781412927161

You may also be interested in...

Your review has been submitted successfully.

We would love to hear what you think of Waterstones. Why not review Waterstones on Trustpilot?

Review us on Trustpilot