The Primary Drama Handbook (Hardback)Patrice Baldwin (author)
- We can order this
This book helps professionals to understand the importance and potential of drama for learning and offers step by step practical examples of how drama can work in schools across a range of curriculum subjects.
Drama motivates children and is a powerful way of building skills such as speaking and listening, enhancing children's self-esteem, and connecting learning creatively across the curriculum. The book presents information, advice and a range of practical material that helps to explain drama skills and strategies at an introductory level. It also contains a sample drama unit for each year group.
This book covers a wealth of topics, including:
- What do we mean by drama?
- Playing, players and plays
- Where is drama in the curriculum?
- Why is drama important ?
- Where and when can drama happen in schools?
- What is the role of the adult?
- How can we start drama?
- Agreeing a Drama Contract
- Introducing some basic drama strategies
- How to plan a drama lesson
- What happens if.... A section that gives short answers to common questions asked by those who are new to working with classes of children doing drama.
The book is ideal for primary NQTs and teaching assistants, as well as those more experienced teachers who are not yet confident using drama techniques and whole class drama.
Patrice Baldwin is Adviser for Arts Development and Improvement, with Norfolk County Council Children's Services and Chair of National Drama.
Vist the author's website here
Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
Number of pages: 168
Weight: 660 g
Dimensions: 297 x 210 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review