The One Before The One (Paperback)Katy Regan (author)
- We can order this
A contemporary love story told with Katy's inimitable laugh-out-loud humour, poignancy and heart.
TO DO LIST
Make something with Quinoa
Do something 'cultural' every week
Dump married boyfriend
Caroline's life was meant to be sorted when she made the decision to end her engagement, 3 months before the big day. With her to-do list tasks getting crossed off and her career going great guns, Caroline is sure she's now a fully functioning adult. So when her 17 year old half-sister Lexi, arrives unexpectedly at her door, it doesn't quite fit with her image that she's drunk and wearing her wedding dress!
Lexi has come to stay for the summer but their relationship is strained, as Lexi is the result of their father's infidelity. An affair that led to the divorce that destroyed Caroline's mother and ruined her own childhood. Needless to say, Caroline is in no hurry to confess her relationship with her married lover Toby.
As the summer wears on, Caroline has decisions to make, and a life to reconsider, but surely a 17 year old can't teach her anything about how to live well?
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Number of pages: 352
Weight: 245 g
Dimensions: 198 x 129 x 21 mm
Praise for The One Before the One:
`This is a story that's easy to identify with, but it's the cute observations of the funny side in all the drama that made us laugh out loud - a lot.' Heat
'An insightful look at infidelity written with a refreshing lightness of touch.' Daily Telegraph
Praise for One Thing Led to Another:
* `A witty debut with plenty of LOL moments'Heat
* `Funny and touching debut' Closer
* `Pick up Katy Regan's excellent debut ... an ultimate page-turner' In Style
* `A fab read' Company
* 'Katy's brilliant at unravelling the bewildering, emotionally complicated reality of the situation, with laugh-out-loud humour and the kind of bitter-sweet sadness that made me wish I wearing tear proof mascara, and hope for the happiest of endings for Tess. Totally fab' Eithne Farry, Marie Claire
* 'An entertaining, engaging and effortless read full of warmth and humour' Rowan Coleman
*`Funny and thought-provoking, a great read' Julia Llewellyn
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?