Now, therea??s a definitive, authoritative guide to getting up-and-running quickly with the newest, most powerful versions of Ubuntu Server. Written by leading members of the Ubuntu community,Â The Official Ubuntu Server Book, Second Edition, covers all you need to know to make the most of Ubuntu Server, whether youa??re a beginner or a battle-hardened senior system administrator.
The authors cover Ubuntu Server from start to finish: installation, basic administration and monitoring, security, backup, troubleshooting, system rescue, and much more. They walk through deploying each of the most common server applications, from file and print services to state-of-the-art, cost-saving virtualization and cloud computing.< /P>
In addition, youa??ll learn how to
- Make the most of Ubuntu Servera??s latest, most powerful technologies
- Discover easy, fast ways to perform key administration tasks
- Automate Ubuntu installs, no matter how many servers youa? ?re installing
- Quickly set up low-cost Web servers and e-mail
- Protect your server with Ubuntua??s built-in and optional security tools
- Minimize downtime with fault tolerance and clustering
- Master proven, step-by-step server and network troubleshooting techniques
- Walk through rescuing an Ubuntu server that wona??t boot
- Create your own private cloud computing infrastructure
The included disks contain the versions of Ubuntu Server youa??ll need for different CPU architectures: Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS 64-bit CD, and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 32-bit DVD, both of which are supported by Canonical for five years.
Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
Weight: 994 g
Dimensions: 232 x 180 x 33 mm
Edition: 2nd Revised edition
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review