The New Homemade Kitchen (Hardback)Joseph Shuldiner (author)
- In stock
- Free UK delivery
The chapters include instructions on how to make your own food products and pantry staples, as well as recipes highlighting those very ingredients-for example, make your own feta and bake it into a Greek phyllo pie, or learn how to dehydrate leftover produce and use it in homemade instant soup mixes.
* Each chapter includes instructions to make your own pantry staples, like ground mustard, sourdough starter, and miso paste.
* Complete with recipes that utilize the very ingredients you made
* Filled with informative and helpful features like flavor variation charts, extended tutorials, faculty advice, and instructional line drawings
Also included are features like foodcrafting charts, historical tidbits, 100+ photos and illustrations, how-tos, and sidebars featuring experts and deans from the Institute, including LA-based cheese-makers, coffee roasters, butchers, and more.
From the Institute of Domestic Technology, a revered foodcrafting school in Los Angeles, each chapter is based on the school's curriculum and covers all manners of techniques-such as curing, bread-baking, cheese-making, coffee-roasting, butchering, and more.
* Complete with beautiful food photography, this well-researched and comprehensive cookbook will inspire chefs of all levels.
* Great gift for foodcrafters, food geeks, food pioneers, farmers' market shoppers, as well as people who feel nostalgic for a slower way of life
* Add it to the collection of books like Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat: Mastering the Elements of Good Cooking by Samin Nosrat; The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science by J. Kenji Lopez-Alt; and The Homemade Pantry: 101 Foods You Can Stop Buying and Start Making by Alana Chernila
Publisher: Chronicle Books
Number of pages: 352
Weight: 1390 g
Dimensions: 264 x 213 x 38 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Alternatively, for multiple items you may find it easier to add to basket, then pay online and collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.