The New Homemade Kitchen (Hardback)Joseph Shuldiner (author)
- In stock
- Free UK delivery
The chapters include instructions on how to make your own food products and pantry staples, as well as recipes highlighting those very ingredients-for example, make your own feta and bake it into a Greek phyllo pie, or learn how to dehydrate leftover produce and use it in homemade instant soup mixes.
* Each chapter includes instructions to make your own pantry staples, like ground mustard, sourdough starter, and miso paste.
* Complete with recipes that utilize the very ingredients you made
* Filled with informative and helpful features like flavor variation charts, extended tutorials, faculty advice, and instructional line drawings
Also included are features like foodcrafting charts, historical tidbits, 100+ photos and illustrations, how-tos, and sidebars featuring experts and deans from the Institute, including LA-based cheese-makers, coffee roasters, butchers, and more.
From the Institute of Domestic Technology, a revered foodcrafting school in Los Angeles, each chapter is based on the school's curriculum and covers all manners of techniques-such as curing, bread-baking, cheese-making, coffee-roasting, butchering, and more.
* Complete with beautiful food photography, this well-researched and comprehensive cookbook will inspire chefs of all levels.
* Great gift for foodcrafters, food geeks, food pioneers, farmers' market shoppers, as well as people who feel nostalgic for a slower way of life
* Add it to the collection of books like Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat: Mastering the Elements of Good Cooking by Samin Nosrat; The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science by J. Kenji Lopez-Alt; and The Homemade Pantry: 101 Foods You Can Stop Buying and Start Making by Alana Chernila
Publisher: Chronicle Books
Number of pages: 352
Weight: 1390 g
Dimensions: 264 x 213 x 38 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?